I was blocked on messenger?

SingleInLove

So I was blocked by my ex girlfriend on Facebook messenger I realized which is pretty strange as she blocked me on there, however didn't do so on Facebook itself.

We've been split up for two weeks, I thought we were going to try and make things work as she was still living with me, up until she had randomly told me that she was moving out on the 11th (same day she moved out.) telling me she needed to be near her family, and get help with her own mental issues, but didn't want to give up on us.

I find out today that she has me blocked on Facebook messenger, however she didn't block me on Facebook itself, so what gives?

Edited by SingleInLove
  • Author
SingleInLove

Going by post count, I'd say that you may have a lot of experience in this field I guess more than anything I'm trying to figure out weather that means I have no chance, I do have a chance and she just may need space, I know that I'll be going NC and let her contact me first, but even than need to research how NC works....

Regardless I am going to take this time to reflect on myself and improve so that if things do work out, I can be stable enough to give her a better life, if they don't than that's okay too, I'll be better for myself.

It is difficult (if not impossible) to predict who will get the coveted "second chance" and who won't. I would say the FB messenger block would be an indication that she doesn't care if you look at her stuff but doesn't want any direct contact (at least for now).

What was her reason for breaking up? How long were you together?

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

It's impossible for us to determine whether blocking you on FB messenger means there's no chance for the future. Simply not enough information to go on, in and of itself.

Why did you break up, and who ended it? Were you using Messenger a lot to communicate?

I agree with springy, in that it appears she doesn't want any direct communication right now but doesn't mind if you can still see her profile.

• Like 1
Going by post count, I'd say that you may have a lot of experience in this field I guess more than anything I'm trying to figure out weather that means I have no chance, I do have a chance and she just may need space, I know that I'll be going NC and let her contact me first, but even than need to research how NC works....

Regardless I am going to take this time to reflect on myself and improve so that if things do work out, I can be stable enough to give her a better life, if they don't than that's okay too, I'll be better for myself.

He he, my post count only reflects that I have many opinions and too much time on my hands. It doesn't reflect whether or not my opinions are worthy of respect.

From personal experience though, I can say that going back to an ex is a rare thing. Unless she's saying things like "Perhaps in the future...." I can't see that she's open to a reconciliation.

• Like 1
  • Author
SingleInLove

She has mentioned the possibility of things working out in the future, in my opinion it's just strange to not delete someone 100% off of Facebook but to only do so on messenger.

She still keeps in contact with my mom on a regular basis (who's been more of a mother to her, than her own.)

I guess the number one thing that I can do is continue on trying to improve myself and let her notice the changes that I am making, I am not doing NC as a lot of our relationship at the end was NC while I buried myself into video games to avoid depression, and eventually got pretty bad in alcohol. (I am going to support groups, and have been sober for two weeks now, as well as a therapist to deal with the reasoning behind me drinking.)

We did talk a tiny bit yesterday and today, I kept it short and sweet only to apologize for my recent behavior and closing down at the end of the relationship, it was civil just distant, she told me she'd talk to me "tomorrow" this was yesterday so I checked in, with a simple "Hope all is well hun." she asked me how I was doing and what I've been up to, seemed pretty proud of my progress that I am trying to make in therapy as well as with me being sober for two weeks, and two days, I was intelligent enough this time that when she said that she'd talk to me later that I told her she could hit me up, and left it at that.