I really need to move on from the hurt

I'm long past wanting him back. But, he still looks at my LinkedIn and today he actually sent me a message. "I'll bite your face".

I'm sorry? We are not friends. In fact we really haven't been friends since Spring 2015. It's been back and forth drama and you using me up until I went dark. I admit, I was stupid for hanging on to him for a year and a half after the break up. That was foolish. But since you moved on I let you go. So, screw that, friendly banter.

My actual response: "I'm a different person, so you best find someone else's face to bite. I'm good."

I know I shouldn't have responded. But I just wanted him to know he's not welcome. He screwed up any friendship we could have had. I could write an essay on his disgusting behavior toward me. A effen novel. The worst part of it all is how pathetic I was in wanting to be apart of his life.

Maybe I'm just angry with myself for sticking around him as long as I did. It killed my self esteem.

Sorry for the rant. But, man he screwed me over so good. I'm still angry I guess.

• Like 2
  • Author

It's low key sexual, in my opinion. It's not even worth analyzing. I've learned never give 100% of yourself to someone is that is putting in less. Never. If they have work, school , whatever their issue is. Do not put in what is not being equally given back.

stockyoldfrump

I'm with you on this.

I had a far more recent breakup. My girlfriend dumped me roughly 7 weeks ago. I went full NC immediately and told her I didn't want to be in contact with her. Since then she's sent me a few weird messages, all of which begin with the phrase "I hope it's okay to contact you." All ostensibly kind, but totally cold. The first saying she missed me and saying she'd love to hear from me. The second, a few days ago, because it was my mom's birthday. She never met my mom, but sent a weird rambling e-mail complimenting her and saying she raised two amazing sons and suggesting my mom and I go out to eat together. Signs all her correspondences "love" even though she has to know it kills me.

No idea why she does this, but I have decided that I won't ever respond again unless she's:

A) Offering reconciliation

B) Genuinely apologizing for hurting me

C) Has a legitimate emergency of some kind

I echo your disgust with the whole pretending to be friends thing. There's no reason to play the game at all. No matter how much we love/loved these people, they will never be our friends. Their willingness to hurt us when we were at our most vulnerable, often repeatedly and without apology, prove that they don't really care about us much.

• Like 1
I'm long past wanting him back. But, he still looks at my LinkedIn and today he actually sent me a message. "I'll bite your face".

I'm sorry? We are not friends. In fact we really haven't been friends since Spring 2015. It's been back and forth drama and you using me up until I went dark. I admit, I was stupid for hanging on to him for a year and a half after the break up. That was foolish. But since you moved on I let you go. So, screw that, friendly banter.

My actual response: "I'm a different person, so you best find someone else's face to bite. I'm good."

I know I shouldn't have responded. But I just wanted him to know he's not welcome. He screwed up any friendship we could have had. I could write an essay on his disgusting behavior toward me. A effen novel. The worst part of it all is how pathetic I was in wanting to be apart of his life.

Maybe I'm just angry with myself for sticking around him as long as I did. It killed my self esteem.

Sorry for the rant. But, man he screwed me over so good. I'm still angry I guess.

Congrats you have develop and realize your self worth. He is not even worth your time.. Love is powerful, but self actualization and loving your self is much more.

• Like 1

I loved reading this and I think it was great the way u responded to him.

I can relate to that about being screwed and never ever give away ur self respect or worth by chasing them. I learnt through many breaks up nothing ever comes of it and yrs later u just regret even trying wth these people