What to do when he leaves?

I have no clue what to think about my whole situation. My boyfriend and I broke up about 3 weeks ago because he is moving 3000 miles away on the 28th. We still do almost everything together, whenever we can, and nothing has really changed except the title of b/f and g/f. We broke it off without anything being wrong and that is making it harder for me because I cant put a reason behind it. We had talked about getting married and spending our lives together, and now we are talking about how things are going to be when he leaves. He says I will always be in his life and we will talk all the time still, but am I being realistic thinking that we will actually stay as close as we are? I figure he'll go back home and be with all his friends again and just forget about me, eventhough he says that he wont ever forget.

I know that right now there is nothing I can do to make our relationship last but should I hold on to what we have until I can get out of school? (which is 4 years) I planned on telling him that we will continue to talk and keep in touch and visit when we can, and then when I get out of school we can see where both of our lives are. I definately plan on getting the whole college experience and I know that I cant be with him and do that.

There is so much going through my head I dont even know if any of this made sense. Has or Is anyone going through something similar? Or can you tell me at least from an outside perspective what you guys think?

Thanx,

~nickname

ive never been through anything like that but my friend has. when his girlfriend left for school they left on good terms and were still good friends. she ended up dating others cause she didnt like being alone. she would always call him everyday. and when she came home for breaks they were together 24/7 basically. now shes at school and he is in italy for a couple years. he was bummed when she told him that she had a new boy friend.

here is what i suggest. when he leaves. call him every once in awhile i say atleast once a week. if you cant call than email. that way we really wont forget about you. tell him that you really like him but want an education and that when you are through you would like to see where he is at. if he still has feelings for you marriage wise then you want to go for it.

you always have feelings for someone you have loved and lost. he wont forget about you. oh and when you do call or email him ask him when is will be visiting cause you want to do stuff with him. my friend and his ex still write eachother and care for eachother but just arent together right now. who knows maybe when he gets back and if shes still single they might get married. the same thing could happen to you. always keep that hope in your heart but never live by it, meaning, keep that option open but dont plan your life around it. date other people. and take an interest in his new friends whether they be male or feamle.

good luck to you