The random weirdness

Does this happen to anyone else? I am about five days into a really hard breakup with a woman that was the love of my life. This isn't my first break up. I've broken up with other women I've loved. Been broken up with too. Even been divorced. So this "breakup" period isn't new to me.

What I'm noticing is some random weirdness. Things are happening to me out of nowhere. Important: only my close friends and family know about the breakup. The only visible sign someone would have that something has changed is that I've hidden my relationship status on FB. That's it. No sappy FB posts or anything of the like - from either of us.

I am hearing from old friends out of the blue. They have no idea what I'm going through. But i've had several friends reach out to me this week to just say "hi". People I haven't spoken to or even thought about in years.

My closer friends all have really upped their game. Most of them know of my breakup - but not all. I was invited by two different friends to see the same play last night. Another friend called me after The Weirdest Event (see below) last night and we stayed up talking until 1am about random stuff. I find myself minting new friends out of complete strangers. The odd thing is that I'm not going out to make friends. It is more like these strangers are drawn to me to make me a friend of theirs. I almost think I must be exuding some sort of Mrin needs a friend energy that causes people to want to get to know me.

The Weirdest Event: Okay, this is the event that is motivating me to write this. After the play last night, I came home ready to take a relaxing hot shower and crawl into bed. As I got the shower going I received a message from a woman that I am somehow connected to on FB that lives half time in my small town. I know of her but we have never met. The FB message said "Have dinner with me while I'm in town! Please!!!". I figured it was meant for someone else so I replied, "is this for me?". I expected an "Oops! Sorry" response. Nope. We ended up having an awkward chat where I eventually learned that her and her husband are in town and are throwing a dinner party and decided to invite me because she's always wanted to meet me. Like I said, I know of her and I'm not worried that this is some sort of kidney harvesting operation. She just wanted me to come to her dinner party. Since I am embracing the randomness, I said yes.

Embrace the random... I like that.

Edited by Mrin
  • Like 1

Well, the universe is coming to your rescue. Once when I had a really hurtful breakup, 4 guy friends/potential dates all showed up to rescue me. It was nice. Don't let anyone harvest a kidney, but be glad people are flocking to you.

• Author

preraph - thank you, I kinda feel like that. I'll be sure to report back in post dinner party and ideally still in possession of both kidneys. ;-)

• Like 1