What does this mean

6 months ago my ex partner and I broke up after 8 years,he has a new partner but we have children together too..I'm still very heart broken he hid the fact he had meet someone,I found out about her because she started playing silly txt games pretending to be someone looking for work which I wasn't stupid to believe it so I went along with it,than a few days later I got a txt from her saying I tried to hack her fb page and she said there was something wrong with me,I was so mad I rang her and abused her I had no clue to who she was at all,mean while during the time she was playing these little games my ex and I were in contact with each other arguing about our past relationship and also trying to sort visits out for the kid's(our break up wasn't the greatest and we hadn't got through a few thing's that had happened through the relationship so we both still weren't over a few thing's),anyway I changed my number and blocked him from my fb page the next day I received a message from this girl opened it and it was his partner trying to be the better person etc,anyway I shut her down.I didnt take him being with some one else very well..thing's have been up and down between us,everytime I try sort thing's with him about the kid's she seems to get involved and stick **** in my face,I believe she is listening to our phone calls as he treats me like an idiot when she's around,we got to talk 2 weeks ago I rang him knowing full well he was away put of town and we had a good talk and were getting on fine and expressed how we felt about each other,than he gets back home and starts acting arrogant towards me cos she's around.he had the kid's for the first time in 6 months I asked him not to have kids around his partner as there relationship is just fresh and I know the kid's will get effected well he didn't listen and one of our son's ended up in there bed with them I was so mad to me that's over stepping boundaries,our oldest son came back upset mad And resentful of his father and all he wanted was time alone with his dad..anyway to the point of this two days ago I went to go block him off my page to see he had changed his profile picture to a picture he took off me of me and the kid's but he had zoomed it in of the kid's but could still see me in it but he had covered the side of my face in stars all I want to know is does this mean anything cos if I was his partner I wouldn't be happy him putting a picture up like that.What is everyone's thoughts.

It seems he wanted a picture of his kids on FB but put stars over your face. That means he has excluded you from the picture. If he is only nice to you when she isn't around that tells you he is his priority. You should ask him to make time to take the kids out by himself and not include her. He had no business letting your son sleep with them. I'm surprised she went for that to tell the truth.

• Author

The only reason I ask about the photo is because he already has photo's of the kid's that he had taken while they were with him and he had used them as his profile picture,than changed it to the one I'm talking about...his partner seems to me that she is scared that he will leave her so she's done thing's that make him and I argue,I have told him that I don't want to talk to him with her around cos we never get anywhere with our conversations.... she is younger than I am by 5 years,I also explained to him how upset and unsettled our son was when he got home and I put my foot down and told him it's visits now cos of the way it has affected our son and the boundaries that they have crossed..also I'm not sitting in hope to get him back I've moved forward with that,even though it still does hurt...my children are more important than anything right now.

• Author

She's alwaus around in the background listening in on our conversations,I have stopped all contact with him and told him to ring landline to talk to the kid's,I'm not letting his partner think it's ok to listen in our talks about our kid's,honestly this guy has never treated me differently when he has been in a relationship before,I think she knows he still cares and she's running the show,I know him inside out and the way he is around her isn't the way he is when she's not around,he's a thinker and when thing's get hard for him that's when he starts thinking if he's done the right thing..he hasn't changed but I know he is pretending. Not to let her see what I told her,as I said the break up wasn't the greatest and I told her what he was like but he always seems to blind the truth.Yes I sound maybe not over him and hurt but I loved him and gave him everything and waited for him while he was in rehab only to find out he didn't complete all his classes and programs and left,I feel he let me and the kid's down,his relationship with the kid's has changed to,he adored them and would always want one on one time with them and he would always sleep with them,I guess that's why my son came home upset and resentful of him,but I told him his dad loves him no matter what...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So I was right about the picture,being with him for 7 years and knowing how his pattern and thoughts are and how he copes,I finally got a call from him the other day,telling me how unhappy he is and how much he misses me and the kid's,which I had already figured out on my own but was doubtful in some ways,I told him he needs to make decisions about his life and I don't want to start any trouble in his relationship and that I've finally come to a place where I'm happy and the kid's are my priority and that I can't do anything about his situation.I did the no contact rule for this to happen,as much as I love him and he expressed the same I'm not going to make any decisions to take him back till he figures out his relationship with the person he is with.I'm not one to ruin what she thinks she has with him cos I know what it's like to be where he is.she has been controlling with him and she has been scared that she is going to loose him cos she may have an idea that he isnt in to her as much as she thought.so my point is I was right bout his profile picture and it wasn't because he likes the picture cos of the kid's it was because it was all of us and he's wanting his family back.