I feel like I've made a mistake leaving my partner...

I left my partner a few days ago due to him saying he didn't know if he was going to spend New Years with me which he promised months ago. Reading that sentence may seem rash, however a lot of actions lead up to this decision. We were together almost 9 months, in that time we did have some good times however he did a few things that upset me which caused me severe anxiety. His best friend is an absolute a**hole to me and about me and he never sticks up for me, liking pics on Facebook of his extremely pretty friends (not of the bigger girls) which made me feel insecure then taking off saying he is "done" and then saying it's just for some space and then ignoring my calls and messages for hours on end. I keep asking myself if I did something wrong but I did treat him well, spoiled him and always made sure he felt loved. Part of me left to prove a point, we were living together and as soon as he said he doesn't know if he'll be here new years I cracked and felt I had to take a stand but also expected him to fight for me. I told him on the 28th of December to come get his stuff and then seen him next day to which he was kissing me and telling me he loves me and my son (he isnt his dad) but doesnt know if he'll fight for us. I'm very confused as i have so many people saying he will come back. Ive made it clear how i feel about him and if he loves me to fight for us, i then got angry and sent screenshots from the start of us talking about him never leaving and said guess time will tell whether this was all bull or not and then asked him not to reply as i was scared of what he would say. The day before that I told him i didnt wanna hear from him unless he is fighting for us. It has been hard as my son keeps saying he is sad he left - he is 3. I keep feeling like ive made the biggest mistake of my life just to prove a point and ill have to see him eventually to give back his car keys back as he has a car here that's broken down. I gave back everything to him, even xmas presents and everything that was left ive put in the car that's been left here. I've typed up a msg which i havent sent yet saying id like to have a chat when im ready and to give him his car keys. I dont know if this is wrong, i love the guy and I do want him back but I dont want things to be like they were. I hate that he hasn't contacted me yet. It's absolutely killing me. Im not coping well at all and feel like i reacted badly. However for months I've kept my mouth closed to avoid this happening which as i said has caused me severe anxiety.

I'm not sure what to do at all but i do know i dont wanna lave anything left unsaid.

I also know he 100% wasnt cheating. He never hid anything on his phone, etc. I knew his passwords, pin codes, etc.

He doesn't like you nearly as much as you like him, and you are now suffering the effects of the Power of Least Interest.

It is a powerful force, and there is only one way to counteract and overcome it.

Act like you don't care, and work towards getting there.

• Author

I've been trying. Everyone seems to think giving him space is the best thing however I really do want to tell him how i feel one last time. I hate feeling like ill regret this for the rest of my life. He is quite docile and quiet and i dont agree with anyone that he will fight for me. I know telling him how i feel may cause me more heartache but I don't wanna left anything left unsaid. I'm so confused and dont know if i took making a stand too far :(