Is he gone forever?

I have been dating someone for the past 6 months. He is 44..i'm 38..neither of us have children or have been married before. About 2 months into the relationship, he called me on the phone and said that he wasn't sure he wanted to be in a relationship and he needed time to figure it out. So i gave him time and a week later he calls and we're dating again. Four months have went by and things are going well. We had a great valentines day together...dinner, flowers, card....we see each other 3-4 times a week, spend the night at each other's houses, go to dinner, breakfast, etc. BUT we have yet to meet each other's friends or familes....we have yet to have sex..althought he physical chemistry is DEFINITELY There he has said he is just not ready yet. I have been fine with taking things slow and getting to know each other. We have a lot in common, likes, beliefs, values, etc.

This past week I e-mailed him and asked if he could go to an event with me...he came up with a reason that he coudn't and then added on the end that he is having a very difficult time competletly letting go with me and that something is holding him back. Of course i'm heart broken and confused. He said he wanted to explain things to me in person..which has yet to happen. I didn't hear anything from him for a day or so...then i get a text from him that he just needs time to sort things out. We have not communicated on the phone in a week...have not seen each other in person either. He again said that he just needs to step back and have a little space. He did say that he was fine with the text messages and e-mails but he doesn't answer my serious or suggestive e-mails..just basically ignores them...i know i shouldn't be sending those anyways but it's hard to just turn off my feelings. He does e-mail me though and actually e-mailed me today with news in his life (like he normally would have).

I am willing to give him space if he truly needs it.....i am in love with this guy. I truly think he has feelings for me and is just fearful of something by moving to the next level with me.....is he gone forever?

caramelbrownchick

Ding Ding Ding, wow the same thing happened with me and a guy a few months ago, I was totally confused, finally he admitted he had another women in his life that he loved and couldn't let go of, although he really liked me he couldn't let go of her, do you think this could be the case with your guy???

• Author

Honestly, I really don't think that is the case BUT i have thought that before and been proven wrong in other situations...so i guess one doesn't really know. This guy was just ending a relationship as we met...again a 6 month relationship because he said they were just not compatible socially and sexually. He said it was ending before we met. He did say that he usually takes 5-6 months off before dating someone else to just worry about himself and he didn't do that this time around because he met me. I've tried to not push him on issues like sex, meeting the familes and stuff..but i'm ready for that.

caramelbrownchick

Maybe he does just need time for himself, my advice for you is to sort of leave him alone, I know its gonna be hard to do , but if he has feelings for you, he will eventually come around, if I have learned one thing in life its that constantly asking a guy about something just pushes them away, basically act like you don't need him in your life like your just fine with out him, if he cares for you he will want to know why you have stopped with the e-mail and the texting and calling, then the tables will probably turn. And if they don't and you don't hear from him at all that is a tell tell sign that he just isn't right for you.