leaving me or leaving his life behind?

For the last two years, I have been with an amazing person. He was laid off a few months ago, and is now moving eight hours away, to live with his brother and try to find a job there. I am devastated. He lives with me. He told me that he was not ready for marriage either. I am 28 and he is 29, neither one of us have been married. After college, we both focused on our careers, I ran into him again a couple of years ago and the rest is history. Our families our here, I own a home here, we have friends here. I feel like every corner I turn around there he is. Can someone tell me if they think there is any hope, or if I should accept the fact it is over and move on? If he is leaving everything (he says he feels lost without a job, and cannot imagine the future because of his present situation), then is this a sign to me that he needs to get away from not only this place, but me as well? We are not fighting and while we had some problems a couple of months ago, we have worked through them and are closer than ever. HELP!

LucreziaBorgia
Originally posted by my_manda

is this a sign to me that he needs to get away from not only this place, but me as well?

Maybe, but not necessarily - it could just be a case of holding relationships like that at a lower priority in his life right now while he gets the rest of his life together. Are you still together and considering a LDR, or has he said that moving away like that will be the end?

• Author

When we first met we dated LD for about nine months. He said that he does not want an LDR because 8 hours is so far away.

LucreziaBorgia

Sounds like he's cutting the strings, then - probably no fault of yours. I would guess he is wanting to get his life together in other ways besides relationships. Has he ruled out even casual contact - emails, phone calls, etc, or told you that you need to 'move on with your life'?

• Author

He wants me to come visit, and we will still communicate via phone, email, etc. He has not ruled out the possibility of my evenutally coming there provided the feelings we have now are still there once his life is in order and we have been apart.

• Author

My family is so upset that I am even allowing him to stay in my home until he moves away. They feel that by allowing this, I am allowing myself to be walked on. He has been such a huge part of my world for so long, how will I ever move on and stay in this house without him?