I had posted before

So I dated a woman for a few months. It was a weird situation because I knew in a professional manner. She broke it off with me and gave me the "it's no the end for us, I just need time" line. Fact is, she broke my heart.

She was a single parent and I accepted that. I loved her and her daughter. We've been in NC for two months and out of the blue she texts me. She only texted me after I posted a picture of me on social media on a business trip where I'm having fun and she's at a concert with a friend. I assume a drunk text. I'm excited and a bit over eager. In a moment of weakness, I reply. It's been a week and I had no response. I hate myself for it. I've been trying to meet different women during this NC, but to no avail.

I can't pine over her, but I am. I hate myself for its even my ex has chimed in and told me that I'm too good for her. I accepted her for who she was, her obstacles and that she's the loser for letting me go. I feel like I'm still missing out.

I don't want kids in my life, I liked that she had her own.

I am so confused. I can't afford therapy, but I feel at this point, it's my only card. She hasn't deleted me off Facebook and I can't bring myself to delete her.

In all honesty, I drink most every night to forget. I'm down 10 pounds since I met her. Not my skinniest, but I have another 10 to go. But I know it is mostly stressed related. Since she left me, I have a lot going for me. But I still feel I am missing out.

Has anyone been there?

Edited by Charlie99909