My girlfriend and I just ended our relationship after a year together.

Im new to these forums and was looking for some support. My girlfriend and I just split up after a year together. I really care and love her alot and wanted us to have a future. We were together up untill a month ago when we got in a physical arguement and she slapped me in the face and my response was to push her back away from me. It was a reaction to the situation and I would have never pushed her back away from me had she not slapped me. So we split up for a few weeks and started dating again trying to work on things. Those weeks being back together went really well. But after we started dating again she could no longer tell me she loves me, she didnt want to make love to me just to "mess around" its like she just didnt care anymore. I treated her very well and I was always faithful to her. Im starting to wonder if she ever really did love me even after telling me that. And she gets upset when I talk about both of us forgiving each other and moving forward. Im supposed to be the bad guy and take all the blame even though she slapped me first. It takes two in a relationship for alot of things and shes not willing to come to terms with that to take any of the blame.

We went out to breakfast one morning after we started dating again for those few weeks and I told her how much pain and suffering this was causing me because I hurt her and we hurt each other and she said I deserved to suffer and that she didnt care about my feelings. On top of that she has schizophrenia which makes her distant and cold at times like she doesent know how to show emotion in a relationship sometimes. Its a terrible feeling to love someone so much and to not get the same in return. Ive been depressed the last 2 days since this happened feeling physically sick and not having any appetite at all. I need to figure out a way to get my mind and body back on track. I read a good quote from a relationship article "If the one you love doesn’t want you, this is your wake-up call. You don’t want her. You don’t want to invest any more time or thought or energy in this person." and im trying to have that mentality but its been rough.

This is going to sound cold, but you really don't want to be with someone who has schizophrenia and is already acting out violently.

I have a step-brother with schizophrenia who I loved very much growing up. It's been decades of seeing him spiral out of control, on and off his meds, hallucinating, breaking the law, in and out of institutions.... you get the drill.

It's heartbreaking but it's the kind of illness that only gets worse with age. I think you should walk away from this relationship, heal, and then find someone who can be an equally loving and supportive partner for you!

Here's a guide that will help you: http://www.breakuprecoveryguide.com

coryreply

Wow bro. I'm so sorry you're going through this. If you dont mind my asking, what caused her to slap you?

Hmm, I feel like a small argument followed by a slap and a small push can happen once or twice in a relationship, it's dumb but if you're both drunk and angry, I've seen it happen. You make up the next day and move forward.

If this all of a sudden caused your relationship to crumble and her to be cold to you, maybe the slap was indicative of more than just a simple slap and/or her schizophrenia is acting up

dave_1966
This is going to sound cold, but you really don't want to be with someone who has schizophrenia and is already acting out violently.

I have a step-brother with schizophrenia who I loved very much growing up. It's been decades of seeing him spiral out of control, on and off his meds, hallucinating, breaking the law, in and out of institutions.... you get the drill.

It's heartbreaking but it's the kind of illness that only gets worse with age. I think you should walk away from this relationship, heal, and then find someone who can be an equally loving and supportive partner for you!

Here's a guide that will help you: http://www.breakuprecoveryguide.com

Just for the record, schizophrenia is entirely manageable with the right medication and it's normally a case of the person just taking the meds. My sister has this condition and has been in a fulfilling relationship for twenty years with her loving partner.

• Like 1
  • Author
Wow bro. I'm so sorry you're going through this. If you dont mind my asking, what caused her to slap you?

There was no alcohol or anything involved like someone else asked I rarely drink. And also the reason for the slap was all over $25 to shampoo the carpets.....

sandylee1

With her prepencity to get violent, I would stay out of this relationship. Dating is about having fun, then for many identifying a suitable partner. I don't think she's it. Women who hit and don't expect retaliation are crazy. Now she blames you....time to keep your distance from here, as I'm sure in similar circumstances, she'd react the same.

coryreply
There was no alcohol or anything involved like someone else asked I rarely drink. And also the reason for the slap was all over $25 to shampoo the carpets.....

$25 bucks huh? Sometimes the biggest fights are caused by the smallest issues.

Now that you've had a couple of days to think through things, how are you feeling? Do you feel it would be best to move on or go back and try to work things out?

Just for the record, schizophrenia is entirely manageable with the right medication and it's normally a case of the person just taking the meds. My sister has this condition and has been in a fulfilling relationship for twenty years with her loving partner.

Schizophrenia is sometimes manageable.... some schizophrenics aren't able to ever function, even when given meds for years during hospitalization!

• Author
$25 bucks huh? Sometimes the biggest fights are caused by the smallest issues.

Now that you've had a couple of days to think through things, how are you feeling? Do you feel it would be best to move on or go back and try to work things out?

There wont be working out of anything. We stopped talking this last thursday and she hasnt made an attempt to contact me since. She doesent want this relationship..

coryreply

Good luck to you, bro. Our greatest and brightest hopes lie in the future, not in the past.