sooo tired of missing him...is 7 months too long?

K, so this is a really dumb situation. but i'm new to this site and have been reading for a bit... and i think maybe typing some of this mite help

its been 7 months, but sometimes i still think back to him. this guy was never even really my b/f. he didn't even let me have that much- just gave me the whole, not ready to get into a relationship-been hurt b4- speech. I let things continue only because i was in 3rd year uni and hadn't EVER felt that way for anyone before. Its not just that i'm picky, but if i don't feel that spark, i can't even be bothered.. but with him i would savour every last minute... i loved talking to him b4 i went to bed.. i had never had that good nite phone call, and i loved it so much with him. Anyway, we were 'something' for about a year. we ended b/c i left (moved back home after uni) and b/c i knew he didn't want anything anyway i distracted myself with someone else for abt a month when i first came home. meanwhile he kept telling me he missed me, and i missed him too, when that random was out of the picture, me and my ex (although i can't call him my ex cuz he wasn't my b/f, i will anyway) were always chatting on messenger. we always made plans to meet up, but b/c its kind of hard for me on my end to arrange things like that (old-fashioned family) it never really worked out. and we would fight, and than start flirting and planning again.. followed by another fight etc. anyway, i'm rambling, don't know if i'm making sense cuz its late... the last time we made plans to meet up was last month, we starting chatting and flirting regularily, and than in the midst of convo he mentioned that he didn't think that trying anything real b/w us was a good idea. that it would be too hard and be too hurtful because it could never really work anyway, mainly cuz of my current situation, but i don't know if that was a copout anway. when he said that, i asked him to stop flirting, and let me move on..

basically... its almost 6am, and i've been okay for so long since i asked him to stop, but out of nowhere i can't sleep tonite. i'm really starting to feel pathetic... does it ever really end?? b/c i don't want to need a new person in my life for it to stop. I'm usually okay. but some nites, i just miss him warmth, and i miss those gnite calls...

He's not really into you.Sorry to say this,no offense.Wake up!There's a lot of guys out there girl, who would be really interested in you..im sure.Just dont rush it, it will come.Yes honey 7 months is too long...your wasting your time.I've been in your situation that's why i understand how you feel.Just think if he really likes you or love you nobody will get in his way to call you or to be with you.Guys are not really that complicated,they just want us to think they are(i read that somewhere)Go out dont waste your time!Goodluck.

just wanted to say thanks for the honest feedback,

i do know that he's not really that into me... and like i said i'm usually okay, in that i thought i was pretty much over it. but every now and than i have those nights, like last night.

anyway, thanks for the reality check =)

xxsilverdragonxx
Originally posted by a2nxtc28

Guys are not really that complicated,they just want us to think they are(i read that somewhere)

The same could be said about Girls too. ;)