Am I Overthinking and Clinging to false hope?

Hi all!

I have posted on here once before regarding my relationship and subsequent breakup. To cut a long story short I was in a great relationship for 2 and a half years, we had a brief split 2 years in and then broke completely 6 months later. We were both committed and neither party was unfaithful, by all accounts we were happy... We eventually just found ourselves to be heading in slightly different directions and she ended things.

I went full NC straight off the bat. Deleted her number, blocked her on all social media, the works. This was 2 months ago and I am nowhere near over her. We have had a minute exchange since we split after being notified of her following me on Instagram, however this was 2 messages max and NC continued.

I was starting to feel slightly better, I met a few new people and made some new friends as per the advice on this very wonderful forum. I've not moped and I've tried to make myself a more rounded person by surrounding myself with friends.

This morning I find an email on my phone from my ex just asking me if I had her spare glasses still....the problem I have is that I can't work out if she literally just wants her glasses or if it's an excuse to meet up? She has coped without them for 2 months but, as I said, I'm really not sure what her intentions are.

I care for her deeply and I'll obviously return her belongings if that's all she wants but I'm really not sure what to do? Could anyone give me a bit of an outsiders perspective?

Thanks in advance you lovely people!

PegNosePete

Yes you are over-thinking it and yes you are clinging to false hope.

If she wanted to try again she would not be asking for her glasses, she would be saying I want to meet up with you and try again.

• Like 1
Yes, you are.

If you have her glasses, send them to her with no letter or note.

This, +1.

Did she specifically ask to meet up, or just inquire about where her glasses were? Unless she is pushing for a face-to-face meeting, I would say 99.9 percent she just wants her glasses.

Especially if they are expensive prescription glasses she just wants them. If they are $5 sun glasses maybe it's an excuse.

ApexTitanium

If you have them, just say yes and you will mail them or drop them off when she isn't there. Or give them to one of her friends that can give them to her. That's it. Then go back to NC.

marcelo.santos
Yes, you are.

If you have her glasses, send them to her with no letter or note.

nice idea. Send the glass and continue NC.

I would not even reply her email - just send the glasses and the issue is solved.

Please give her her glasses and her belongings. Why do you keep her things?

Yes, you are over thinking and fantasizing.