Need to stop, and just live

My bf of 5 years (on and off) broke up with me on Christmas Day. Why? well, i dont even want to say because it is so stupid, i must say...but i guess i have to..he got mad at me because i was watching basketball and i mentioned how tall the basketball players are tall, and he just started saying that i am too amused on height, that i make him feel bad, etc. Which not to forget to mention that his height is perfect for me, and ive always stated that, cause physically he was perfect for me. Hes just a very insecure, jealous guy. and made our relationship go down the hill fast. but after that he started yelling and it went south from there and we ended up exchanging harmful words and we ended it. We havent spoken since then, though i have attempted but no response. Anywho, ever since we broke up, ive had a friend who has been wanting to take me out and i let him, and from there it has been perfect. hes a great guy, i like everything about him and i know he will take care of me. Hes very old school and is 6 years older than me. which i find very attractive, but..........i wonder, if my ex were tto contact me, would i go back with him. What do you guys suggest i do?

5 years of on and off with your ex? Let him go. Give your current guy friend a chance to win your heart. For your ex to break up with you on Christmas Day over something so petty and childish says a lot about his character. How awful of him! You guys sound like you fought pretty often which is not good so move on.

• Like 1
evanescentworld

Your ex wasn't a BF, he was a nasty habit. Like smoking.

Time to keep that New Year's resolution, and give up a bad habit!

• Like 1

5Years is a long time to be still insecure and jealous in a relationship, but a little of that can be healthy. I lost my Ex that way I trusted too much she dumped me.

Men will never tell you why they act that way, there may be some triggers leading to such an issue, and he's not telling, It would be difficult to talk it out since he may embarrassed to bring it up.

Most jealousy and insecurity stems, from Men like me thinking we will never be enough for our Girl/Woman and she always find other guys attractive having traits we never had.

Either way you have to decide what's best for you, if you dump and go for the other guy, it will only validate what he thinks that he is not enough for you.

On the other hand if you go back to him he'd make you chase him to feel his self worth and get some self esteem.

Seriously do think, do you want a Man or a Baby? On a lighter side he does love you he did stick around for 5years.

In the end its all up to you, do what's best for you and be happy :laugh: