Ex is engaged, but still sends texts/emails?

We were together 6 years and He left me for a few reasons- some I understand, but I didn't want to get married right then, his thinking GIGS and during our BU his family introduced him to a family friend. They have been dating since our BU now for 7 months. After realizing that I regretted acting spoiled and delaying marriage I tried everything to win him back, but I'm sure the new relationship was more fun, rather than working on a six year relationship. Within 4 months of dating, they were engaged and they haven't even lived together?

My question is that during this time of our breakup, my ex and I text/email occasionally, but he is very nice and sometimes flirty with me and always signing of with "Hugs" - even "Hug" to help me stay warm at night. When I bring up my feelings about how I feel or that I think we should have been able to work things out - he tells me that we just needs to be friends and work on our "other" relationships so they would be better. It sure does seem like he has moved on.

I am mystified by how can he be engaged and still be flirty and nice? Even wishing me HNY when he should be engaging his prospective bride. He says she knows we talk and said it was ok with her. Why would she let this go on? Hoping to find some answers from people who have been through this and what happens in the end?

Thank you!

• Author

I respond because I think we still care for each other and still have an emotional bond because we ended our relationship so quickly and he got engaged so quick, I'm not sure what he thinks about his current relationship because he never talks about it.

Either way, I probably shouldn't read anything into his "hugs" or anything because actions speak louder than words. I just thought maybe someone has answers on why does someone get engaged if they still maintain contact or maybe he just is being nice without hurting my feelings.

Thank you for the reply.

Both of you have no business contacting each other. The relationship is over. He is engaged to someone new but neither he nor you respect this fact, because he flirts with you and you constantly ask him to reconsider getting back together with you even though he's moved on.

What you need to do is leave him alone and stop contacting him. He doesn't want to get back together with you. I know it's hard to let go of a 6 year relationship that you were invested in, but you have to let him go and move on.

Messy mess you got yourself into with your EX. Still controlling you with texts so you don't move on, but your Ex is moving on already engaged with someone else! Need to break this connection now! Block Ex phone number on your cell for GOOD! Now get on with your life and find someone you can have H.O.P.E with that wants to be with you only.

He is stringing you along and you are being strung along in hopes that he will break it off and come back with you. There's a tiny bit of hope within you that something might change.

Don't. Let it go.