Back pedalled on progress what's happening? :(

HeBrokeMyHeart

Okay so me and my ex we're on/off for 2 months before it came to a very bad end. Since then we haven't spoke to each other (over a month) at first he would play spiteful games. (He had entered into a rebound relationship 1 week after our split) he rubbed this in my face, used his friends to contact me & check up on me.

I was doing good, I'm out there dating new people (have a date tonight) even hooked up with someone in the hopes the saying the best way to get over someone is to get under someone (it lasts for a while) anyways I was doing fine, I was actually happy with my life & his petty games weren't bothering me.

But since last week I feel like I do from the beginning of the break up. I thought maybe I was having a bad day but it's lasted all week! I can't get my mind off him, I've actually cried again & I hadn't done that since the day we split. I miss him a lot and I would do anything to get him back in my life. I feel so confused, I don't get why I've back pedalled soo much, I just can't let go no matter how hard I try it just doesn't work. Has anyone experienced this? Nothing set it off so I don't know why it's creeping back up on me.

it's just the grief working its way out of your system. when the ex was playing those games, there was still some level of involvement and, in some twisted way, a bit of hope because he was still trying to get reactions out of you.

now, absent all that drama, you are facing the emptiness that follows a breakup. the other thing is that dating too soon after a breakup can make us relive the loss because new people are just that, new. they are not who we lost.

my advice: take a break from dating, allow yourself a limited time to wallow. and then, one day at a time, keep facing your life without him and grow it.

• Author
HeBrokeMyHeart
Okay so me and my ex we're on/off for 2 months before it came to a very bad end. Since then we haven't spoke to each other (over a month) at first he would play spiteful games. (He had entered into a rebound relationship 1 week after our split) he rubbed this in my face, used his friends to contact me & check up on me.

I was doing good, I'm out there dating new people (have a date tonight) even hooked up with someone in the hopes the saying the best way to get over someone is to get under someone (it lasts for a while) anyways I was doing fine, I was actually happy with my life & his petty games weren't bothering me.

But since last week I feel like I do from the beginning of the break up. I thought maybe I was having a bad day but it's lasted all week! I can't get my mind off him, I've actually cried again & I hadn't done that since the day we split. I miss him a lot and I would do anything to get him back in my life. I feel so confused, I don't get why I've back pedalled soo much, I just can't let go no matter how hard I try it just doesn't work. Has anyone experienced this? Nothing set it off so I don't know why it's creeping back up on me.

Well he's still sort of leaving little things here & there like using quotes to do with our relationship. Since I told his friend that I had met a guy and that I was dating him, things have stopped. His best friend doesn't even respond to me no more so I think he was literally there to check up on me as he added me 3 days after mine & my exs split.