Love vs infatuation

banini_jeque

I fell in love a year ago with this girl and then she dumped me in March. She decided she just wants to be friends, and she still does, but it isn't all I want.

What I feel like is that I've gotten over it, but my heart still wants her. I've been dating again, and my mind wants me to keep doing that so that I can have some other experiences, but my heart still wants her. I feel like it's really important to pay attention to that.

I don't think I should try to win her back, but I want to at least talk to her. I have some already, and it seems like what happened was that there were a lot of things that I said and did that hurt her feelings, but she never told me because she found that she was too anxious about being in a relationship anyway, and so it wasn't worth working out.

I don't want her to feel like that, and I know that we may not be the best match in the world, but I really wanted her and I still do, so I think I need to find a constructive way to communicate with her and see if it changes anything. amy ideas?

I think you know the difference between Infatuation & real love.

- Real Love (It lasts forever, circumsantces, appearances and situations might change but the love still remains unchanged).

- Infatuation (Strong desire to be with someone, sparks fly high and above, intense relationship, fizzles out really quickly after the high period is gone, takes from 3-8 months to fizzle).

I think you should stop contacting her and allow yourself some space to have a clear mind on the situation. Get your self confidence back.

The only way you can get your confidence back is healing yourself first. No amount of contact is going to bring back your confidence back as you are going to the source which damage your confidence and self esteem in the first place.

If she is interested in you and has real feelings for you, at one point or another you would hear back from them again. Let them reach out to you, not the other way around.

• Author
banini_jeque

I don't think I have any confidence issues. I wouldn't date her again unless it felt right and talking made her happy about the idea. We've already had a lot of no contact.

Plus she won't try because she's too scared of hurting me again. Whatever talk we have has to make her feel comfortable with the idea.

Edited by banini_jeque