How do deal with work and living near an Ex

Hello everyone. I hope you are all enjoying the holidays! So here is my problem:

Almost exactly this time last year my gf and I of 2.5years broke up. Since then we have not stayed in much contact and I prefer to keep it that way. It's not that I hold any hard feelings, but I feel it's too difficult to stay friends or possibly see her dating anyone else. I have not dated anyone since because I had been focusing on school and work.

What bothers me is she is finally back home after finishing college and living with her parents. This happens to be the same city as me and maybe 10minutes from my house. Luckily I have not bumped into her yet, but I'm sure the day will come and I have no idea how to handle it. I'm also doing Real Estate and my advertising is sorta around the city. I dont think she is the type to say bad stuff about me but it feels weird knowing I might bump into her, work with someone she knows, or be held back due to her or her families grudge(if they have one).

Maybe I'm being a bit too paranoid. Has anyone else lived/worked near their ex? How do you deal with seeing them? Does anyone think I'm over thinking the fact that I work in real estate in the same city as her? Not sure exactly what I'm looking for but anything that can help ease my mind or someone to share their experience with something similar would be great.

Thank you to anyone who reads this. This forum is really helpful

It's been 2.5 years. I doubt she still harbors the type of animosity needed to badmouth you professionally. Unless you have concrete proof that she is spreading lies, don't worry about it. If you do hear that she is saying things, your only response to anybody she has spoken to should be "no that is not true & you have to take everything she says with a grain of salt because she's my EX." Privately you then contact an attorney to hit her with a cease & desist letter.

Unless you are in a little tiny town of less than 1,000 or so people don't worry about her being back. Live your life & ignore her

Of course you may bump into her. Give her a tight smile & cursory nod & move on.