Lost feelings or family issues?

After four months of dating (and almost a year of friendship), my bf dumped me saying he's not ready for a relationship. I didn't understand because he seemed REALLY into me, at least up until the last week when he seemed slightly distant but still seemed interested in my life, texting me all throughout the day, doing me favors, etc. Did he completely lose feelings in just a week? The other factor to consider is that we're both teens and his family is SUPER strict and tight-knit and seemed to be trying to keep us apart. Do you have any additional insight on this? Thank you.

People tend to rush things in the beginning because of hormones. Hormones only last 3-6 months after the initial stages of a relationship. If you're both young, it seems that he is just pulling back to asses how he feels about you and to see where to take things next. Don't be scared, this is all natural but you should just play it cool.

I'd say to give him his space and do the opposite of what your instincts tell you to do. Don't text or call him, wait for him to do it after he begins to wonder where you are. Show him that you won't be hanging around waiting for him and only then will he realize what he has done and will start to miss you.

• Author

^He seemed serious about his decision, and he doesn't seem like the type to just throw a break up around lightly. Thank you for your response though. Any other thoughts?