Got dumped...again ugh

A little background, 6 months ago I got dumped by my boyfriend of 10 years, he started seeing someone else just 3 weeks later and they're still together. I was devastated for a long time, went to therapy and I'm still hurt and sad with it from time to time

We own a business together, so we still have contact all the time, he keeps acting hot and cold with me, and we've had sex a few times, but for the past two months I've tried to put him behind me for real.

Late last month I met an amazing guy at a bar, but he was Australian and on holiday here, so even after we made out all night, I was perfectly clear this was not worth it.

In the following week, he kept pursuing me, texting me every day, saying he was amazed by me, I was the woman he'd always dreamed, he wanted to marry me, have a family with me, I knew it was sweet talk, and said so...but he wouldn't stop, saying it was for real. Long story short we met again a week later for a date, it was amazing again, and he changed his plans and stayed here for two more weeks just to be with me.

We spent that time together 24/7, he kept talking about a future together, about moving here, I was still skeptical, but when he had to leave, we agreed to try to make it work, I was supposed to meet him up in Mexico for another 10 days together, yesterday I talked to him to say I was comming, to figure out the actual date... and that's when it went downhill, now he's not sure anymore, now even though he did wanted it to work, he won't get emotionally invested anymoe because he knows it wont work...

I know, I know, stupid of me to believe him, and I'm not entirely heartbroken, just feel used. From the get go, I said that if he was in it just for the sex, it was fine, we could do that, just enjoy it, but he kept it up, up until the moment I said I was gonna go meet him. :(

Now I've been dumped twice in less than 6 months, what a blow to my ego.

• Author

Thnaks EgoJoe,

I was just reading up on love bombing, and I think this is what happened here... sucks cause I was veeery cautios for a while, but then somehow all this BS got to me, I let my guard down completely and this is the result.