Ex girlfriend contacted current girlfriend with phony texts

Here's the story: My ex girlfriend and I had a place together and we broke up. I continued staying there for a few days and in those few days I met my current girlfriend... I neglected to tell my current girlfriend of three months about my ex this whole time... because well I didn't want any drama. Stupid I know.

Now here is the twist. I had left my old phone at the old place and my ex ended up going through it. She found conversations between my girlfriend and I and decided to look her up and make contact with her. She ended up telling her all these lies that we had sex and whatnot while I was exclusive with my current gf, and even went through my texts with my cousin and took screen shots of those conversations, deleting portions of the conversation to make it sound like bad things.

So now my girlfriend flipped out at me and has asked for space and to be left alone for a while.. I tried to show her proof that my ex deleted portions of the conversation between my cousin and I. She is trying so hard to believe me...

Idk what else to do.. I agreed to her space, and it is extremely hard for me not to contact her. There is nothing else I can do to prove to her that this isn't true. She said this past week has been one of the most stressful times in her life. She knows I want her back, I want her to know I care and I just don't want to lose her. I don't know how long I should wait to text her call her. I don't want to scare her away. But, don't want to seem like I've moved on. We are both mature and 25 years old with careers.

Hurting pretty bad right now. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Cerebral