So this is what it feels like to finally be over her.. :)

I just reactivated my fb after a months and posted a picture of my progress.. been exercising a lot lately and going to the gym and got a new tattoo.

She texted me after a day and asked about the tattoo. I didn't reply so she called after half an hour and surprisingly, I didn't feel anything, I wasn't hurt, it was all casual and we ended up talking for couple of hours mostly just catching up. I asked her if her new bf is treating her good. She said it was too early to tell but so far so great. I think her new bf is actually good for her because she wouldn't let her go out to drink or let her smoke and other stuff.

So, I guess, I want to thank everyone on here. You guys were great help and I wish you all the best and it gets better. :)

I have to make this short as possible as I need to go to work.

• Like 2

Good to see you are over her. Nonetheless, some dumpers try to stick onto you like leeches once they realize that too. Keep minimum contact.

• Like 1

I'm happy to hear that you are at this point.

However, I really don't understand why she is calling you when she has a boyfriend. Truth is, things are probably not going so well for her with her new man. Either way, its not your concern and I love seeing people reach the point of indifference.

Good for you and never stop improving yourself.

• Like 1
  • Author

thank you,

It wasn't easy, I had to remove myselft from all social networks (i only have fb and kakao talk) so that I don't have to see her or our mutual friends posting pics of her. I focused on mountainbiking and lifting for the last 45 days to get my confidence back.

As for her calling me. I dunno. I did ask her if her bf is going to be upset if he finds out she's still calling me. Her answer was: "I am just saying, hello. There's nothing bad about that. so how are you? did the tattoo hurt? etc etc" I asked her how her sister was and her mom too. we just ended up talking and catching up.

towards the end she said "I'm glad we are friends again" to which i said "We are not friends, we are just having a casual conversation right now" (in a friendly/joking tone) so i guess she didn't take that seriously..

she even wants me to set up a time when we can get together with some of our friends.. to which i said i am not promising anything.

thank you,

It wasn't easy, I had to remove myselft from all social networks (i only have fb and kakao talk) so that I don't have to see her or our mutual friends posting pics of her. I focused on mountainbiking and lifting for the last 45 days to get my confidence back.

As for her calling me. I dunno. I did ask her if her bf is going to be upset if he finds out she's still calling me. Her answer was: "I am just saying, hello. There's nothing bad about that. so how are you? did the tattoo hurt? etc etc" I asked her how her sister was and her mom too. we just ended up talking and catching up.

towards the end she said "I'm glad we are friends again" to which i said "We are not friends, we are just having a casual conversation right now" (in a friendly/joking tone) so i guess she didn't take that seriously..

she even wants me to set up a time when we can get together with some of our friends.. to which i said i am not promising anything.

Don't contact her any more. As Lauri mentioned, things are probably on the rocks and she is reaching out to you to see if you're still around. Ignore her some more.

I'd even go on to say that this was a call to see if you hate her. Pretty much, after a 2 hour conversation, she feels that you two are okay now and that she can have you apart of her life as a "friend".

I wouldn't continue contact with her. Chances are, she won't even tell her boyfriend that she contacted you. I don't know about you man, but I think that even though you are over her, she could still have the potential to try to say things / do things to get under your skin (like my ex did with my lack of sexual experience).

Either way, if she feels better about herself then hopefully she will leave you alone.

• Author

To be honest, i really don't want to analyze why she called me all of a sudden. it could be i look new to her now since I changed so much or her relationship is on the rocks or neither or what have you..

I certainly don't intend on calling her or texting her as well.

But I will admit that it's such a boost to have her call me first, wherein 4 months ago i was flooding her inbox and pleading her to stay. I came a long way for this moment so I'm not about to open up my stitched wounds.

To be honest, i really don't want to analyze why she called me all of a sudden. it could be i look new to her now since I changed so much or her relationship is on the rocks or neither or what have you..

I certainly don't intend on calling her or texting her as well.

But I will admit that it's such a boost to have her call me first, wherein 4 months ago i was flooding her inbox and pleading her to stay. I came a long way for this moment so I'm not about to open up my stitched wounds.

Agreed man.

Sorry to put an over analysis on it - I tend to do that too much! It should be an ego boost to know that you were able to keep control, not care and have her contact you first. It shows that you're only progressing and doing extremely well. You're in control and that is what matters the most.

• Author

it's all good! don't apologize for it lauri. I appreciate all of your inputs and I have learned from most of them. i have been reading each thread posted whenever i am bored in the office. hehe

• Author
I'd even go on to say that this was a call to see if you hate her. ".

I agree with this as this actually came up during our conversation.

she said "I'd understand if you would hate me"

I said "there's no point in hating, it's never going to solve anything. especially on my end"

If you're really truly over her why do you think you spent hours catching up with her?

Maybe you are over her enough to be friends but BE CAREFUL. Like NoLimit said...dumpers will try to stick to you like leeches if you let them. And that's the last thing you need in your life after all the progress you've made.

Best wishes!

J

• Author
If you're really truly over her why do you think you spent hours catching up with her?

J

I honestly don't know how that call took more than an hour. In my mind it feels like one of those old friend of yours who calls you once every year just to talk and say what's up. and you kinda know that the next time you will talk to them would after a year or so..

That's how I felt.

Hours talking on the phone?

Sorry, I dont think youre over her yet.

You will have a huge set back in 3, 2, 1....

• Like 3
  • Author
Hours talking on the phone?

Sorry, I dont think youre over her yet.

You will have a huge set back in 3, 2, 1....

hahaha.. i guess we'll find out in a few days. I'll post here if anything comes up..

1 phone call in 3 something months that lasted a little over an hour won't be enough to deter my resolve for inner peace. :)

Edited by mav3rik
  • Like 1
I honestly don't know how that call took more than an hour. In my mind it feels like one of those old friend of yours who calls you once every year just to talk and say what's up. and you kinda know that the next time you will talk to them would after a year or so..

That's how I felt.

Well that's great! Hopefully she won't be calling you again. But...we both know she will. :o

Glad you'll be keeping us updated on the matter.

• Author
Well that's great! Hopefully she won't be calling you again. But...we both know she will. :o

Glad you'll be keeping us updated on the matter.

She never called again, which is what I expected. :)

she's really a good person despite breaking my heart. She probably swallowed a lot of her pride just to call me and she's really not the cheating type.. (which is her best quality). So I wouldn't expect to hear from her.. probably ever. I don't really care at this point.

Lauri was probably spot on when she mentioned that she(ex) was just checking if I'm okay.

On a side note, my 2 other exes also called me within the week. I'm friends with the other one but not with the 2nd (she cheated). the 2nd one wants me back. Saying she already paid for cheating on me because her rebound is abusive and makes her feel ugly. Plus, I lost 50lbs since she last saw me, which was last year of july. (finally unblocked her in fb). I just laughed and politely said I have no intention to be in a relationship right now (with her).

Edited by mav3rik
On a side note, my 2 other exes also called me within the week.

Holy ****! Your life is starting to resolve right in front of your eyes! Better look both ways twice before crossing the street!

• Author
Holy ****!

That's probably what all of them said. lol.

Seriously, though, I am really focused on getting toned at the moment so, not getting back to anyone nor actively searching for someone. This is the longest time I have been single for the last 9 years.. So, I'll give this time for me.

And I think the timing could never be more perfect, I have no kids, I have a job that pays well and I have no debts. I can finally focus on my dreams (becoming good at surfing)