Ex wrote me an email

MissBrunette84

So me and my boyfriend of 5 and a half years have been off and on.

Read previous threads if you would like to :)

This time we lived together for the past year and 10 months, we were arguing quite a bit and he's broken up with me again.

We have an age gap of 5 years. I'm 29 he's 24.

We met when he was 18 and I was his first serious girlfriend.

So he broke up with me, moved back to his mums on the 10th August.

I get an email saying how sorry he is, how amazing I was, how the past 5 and a half years were great. That the grass isn't greener, we both need to grow and hope we can sort things out in the future?

Does he mean what he says or am I just being dangled along.

So me and my boyfriend of 5 and a half years have been off and on.

Read previous threads if you would like to :)

This time we lived together for the past year and 10 months, we were arguing quite a bit and he's broken up with me again.

We have an age gap of 5 years. I'm 29 he's 24.

We met when he was 18 and I was his first serious girlfriend.

So he broke up with me, moved back to his mums on the 10th August.

I get an email saying how sorry he is, how amazing I was, how the past 5 and a half years were great. That the grass isn't greener, we both need to grow and hope we can sort things out in the future?

Does he mean what he says or am I just being dangled along.

You're just being strung along. A lot of people pull the line "maybe it can work in the future." That is a really common thing to say after a breakup, and it's mainly to keep you on reserve. It sounds crass, but that's pretty much the truth. I got the same line, and it gives you false hope. If your ex really wanted to be with you, he would never be willing to let you go right now.