Do you keep an ex number in your phone

We live 4 hours apart and we were on and off for few years. However, he is going through personal problems since he lost his job. He started pushing me away by not responding to my texts and calls but I kept calling since I was worried about him. I just wanted to see if he is okay. He then send me a texts asking me not to contact him anymore and he needs space .

Its been almost few weeks and I haven't heard from him. How much space does he need? I am contemplating deleting his number from my contacts to remove the temptation of contacting him.

So do you delete your exes numbers

Nah because I have kids so I do need to contact them sometimes but the other ones I have deleted. It's good chi to clean out and make space for another.

• Like 2
littleblacksubmarine
Nah because I have kids so I do need to contact them sometimes but the other ones I have deleted. It's good chi to clean out and make space for another.

If you can bring yourself to do it then just delete the number. If not then delete half the number. You won't be able to contact him but will know if he's trying to contact you.

I have with the majority of my exes or at least changed their name to "X" in my phone so I'll know not to answer.

In your case, if you don't want to be tempted to contact him then I say do it. He doesn't want you to contact him. Respect his wishes and keep your dignity...DELETE.

• Like 3

I do. I did it as soon as he broke up. I deleted everything.. emails, contacts, pics.. everything. What's the point in keeping that?

I mean.. if someone really wants to contact me, I'm on fb, I'm in the white pages... there are plenty of ways to contact me if someone really wants to put a minimal effort...

Keeping an ex's phone number is just a reminder of something that was, and isn't anymore. Whats the point?

• Like 4
I do. I did it as soon as he broke up. I deleted everything.. emails, contacts, pics.. everything. What's the point in keeping that?

I mean.. if someone really wants to contact me, I'm on fb, I'm in the white pages... there are plenty of ways to contact me if someone really wants to put a minimal effort...

Keeping an ex's phone number is just a reminder of something that was, and isn't anymore. Whats the point?

Couldn't have said it better myself. (=

• Like 1