ex girlfriend calls about once a month and I've ignored it

Hey all,

My college ex-girlfriend broke up with me early last year after dating for nearly three years, and after a brief period of NC, we started meeting up again, even kissing and fooling around a bit, before we both decided that it probably wasn't for the best and was just confusing us. I moved away from the city we both lived in a year ago and essentially disappeared -- no social media, no contact, all of that completely. I've been doing a lot better since I moved away. The last time my ex and I spoke was much earlier this year, just a catch-up. A few weeks after that I found out she has a new boyfriend. Complete no-contact since then.

Anyway, over the past couple months she has called me a couple times, about once a month. I've ignored it. She's never left a message, and hasn't texted, emailed, or reached out in any other capacity. To be frank it's getting to be a bit annoying -- I figured by now she would've gotten the hint since I've basically completely ignored her and have not been tracking her or contacting her or anything -- I have kept a very private life for my own many reasons after removing myself from social media.

Any ideas as to why she keeps calling? And how do I get it to stop?!

If you don't want to have to actually speak to her and tell her to leave you alone then simply block her number on your phone.

• Author

Appreciate the feedback, all.

A couple things though... of course I care about what the rationale is, otherwise I probably wouldn't have posted here.

I never whined that I wanted her back, I never begged or anything like that. I think I handled the breakup pretty well in general, at least on the surface. I've taken the approach of just disconnecting from all possible external sources of pain (e.g. social media & no contact) in an effort to move on.

At the same time, I can't help but wonder why she calls. Based on what I can tell, generally speaking if someone is serious about wanting you back they won't stop at any cost to make it known, so the fact she never leaves a message or follows up with a text or email I suppose is telling, unless she is just testing the water.

Who knows.

At the same time, I can't help but wonder why she calls. Based on what I can tell, generally speaking if someone is serious about wanting you back they won't stop at any cost to make it known, so the fact she never leaves a message or follows up with a text or email I suppose is telling, unless she is just testing the water.

Who knows.

She's probably asking the same thing. Why aren't you answering? What happened that made you stop talking to her? Then, she probably realized that you MUST have found out about her new boyfriend and that had to have hurt. But, she doesn't know how much. Therefore, she's probably trying to figure out what's going on in your head and to gage if you hate her or not.