could someone shed some light on this?

To cut to the chase..

(I'm with a butch - eg: people like Ellen Degeneres)

Me and ex broke up sinc early June, and I made the mistake of begging and pleading. It didn't work.

So i went on nc.. but kept her on my fb. She would like my posts every so often, nothing more than that. A week went by and she called me. She sounded terrible but she didn't mention about reconciling. She said she just called to say "hi".

We did LC after that, then it lead to her wanting to get together again but not 'now' she said. She wants to go over her own issues first but would very much hope that we can get back together.

I did appear very clingy and needy and eventually one day when I asked her has she come up with a decision she said yes, and that she wants to quit for good. She said she couldn't deal with relationships anymore.

So then it was nc again.. until I found out she liked somebody else.. when I confronted her she wasn't happy about it, she said she's a human after all so it's not her fault if she developed feelings for another person.. at that time they weren't together yet. I told her I still love her very much and she shut me out completely. She doesn't wanna hear it.

I collected pieces of my broken heart for two weeks+.. living everyday in sorrow and the thought of her forgetting me easily acting like i didnt exist was such a killer.. that was when she called me out of the blue again.

She asked me where was I and what was I doing. Asked me out for lunch too. To which i agreed.

During our meet up we didn't mention about relationships nor did I ask her about her new relationship.. we just talked cordially about work and we did laugh a lot.. and she sent me back and we just said bye.

And it has been 5days since.. we didn't contact each other..

Do I have a chance of getting back ?? Thanks for taking time to read this..

Reading this cold, I have to say it sounds an awful lot like a guy who breaks up with a woman because he thinks he has a shot at another woman. Why she called you again way later, I'm not psychic. Maybe if she's kind hearted, she felt bad hurting you. I believe if she really was keen on getting back together, she'd be doing a lot more contact and not rejecting you like she did that past time.

I just suggest that you try to put her on the back burner and truly make an effort to refocus yourself: on a new woman or on a new hobby or an old hobby or a new endeavor of some sort and just keep your life moving full steam ahead. That way no matter what happens, you'll be building a new life, new memories, meeting new people and moving down the road instead of stuck in the "waiting" rut. Good luck.

• Author
Reading this cold, I have to say it sounds an awful lot like a guy who breaks up with a woman because he thinks he has a shot at another woman. Why she called you again way later, I'm not psychic. Maybe if she's kind hearted, she felt bad hurting you. I believe if she really was keen on getting back together, she'd be doing a lot more contact and not rejecting you like she did that past time.

I just suggest that you try to put her on the back burner and truly make an effort to refocus yourself: on a new woman or on a new hobby or an old hobby or a new endeavor of some sort and just keep your life moving full steam ahead. That way no matter what happens, you'll be building a new life, new memories, meeting new people and moving down the road instead of stuck in the "waiting" rut. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply..

I'm confused because she continues doing this. .constantly calling me even in the middle of the night. I never answered any of her calls since our meet up.. I felt bad for doing this but like everyone here says.. I shouldn't give in and I have to make her work for it..

I'm happy becuz she hasn't completely forgotten about me.. and I'm sad becuz she treats me this way.. to only look for me when she needs.me.. sigh