Got an ego boost today and not from him!

music_and_poetry

Okay so, I explained to everyone on another thread that I'm doing a "Facebook cleanse" meaning no logging in or checking Facebook for the next two weeks and using the time to focus on healing. It's only been a few days and its been the best idea I've ever had since I already feel much, much better. Ignorance really is bliss.

Anyways, last night I went out with a group of friends for some music trivia at a local bar (lame I know but still fun!) anyways, I'm not using Facebook but one of my friends Instagrammed a selfie we took together while we were out and tagged me in it. So apparently, she showed me that one of her friends (a dude I don't know) commented on the photo she posted: "She's super cute" then they had some conversation over the photo and he wrote, "seriously though who is she?" To which my friend tagged my name.

Awesome feeling knowing that that photo with those comments is sitting on my Facebook wall for this stupid butt head who rejected me to see! I may not have the guy I want but I can still attract total strangers! Even though I realize there's a chance he's not looking at my page, I hope he does see it and kick himself a little bit for letting me go :p

• Like 3
Awesome feeling knowing that that photo with those comments is sitting on my Facebook wall for this stupid butt head who rejected me to see! I may not have the guy I want but I can still attract total strangers! Even though I realize there's a chance he's not looking at my page, I hope he does see it and kick himself a little bit for letting me go :p

Really? You're more concerned with how your ex might view the comments rather than the comments themselves?

Your priorities are out of whack. You shouldn't give a moose's knuckle what your ex thinks or what he sees. It's over. You're just hoping upon hope he gets jealous and contacts you after viewing that stranger's comments.

Your awesome feelings are displaced.

• Like 1
  • Author
music_and_poetry
Really? You're more concerned with how your ex might view the comments rather than the comments themselves?

Your priorities are out of whack. You shouldn't give a moose's knuckle what your ex thinks or what he sees. It's over. You're just hoping upon hope he gets jealous and contacts you after viewing that stranger's comments.

Your awesome feelings are displaced.

Ummm no the comments are nice too but I'm not attracted to the person who posted it. Like I said in my subject line, it's an ego boost. And if he sees I'm still an attractive person to other people that's an added bonus. I don't think my priorities are out of wack. I posted this because it was a good feeling. Not to get yelled at. Calm down.

RegretfulAlways

Ignore MrPine, OP. Your post is great and I would feel exactly the same way! You go girl! Flaunt it! :)

• Like 1

How flattering and awesome you must've felt! I totally get that, I still get a kick everytime someone commented on a random selfie. I think it's very much needed to boost your self esteem, just like a new haircut, new clothes etc.

You must be a hottie and I'm sure you'll find someone better !

• Like 1
OK_computer
Okay so, I explained to everyone on another thread that I'm doing a "Facebook cleanse" meaning no logging in or checking Facebook for the next two weeks and using the time to focus on healing. It's only been a few days and its been the best idea I've ever had since I already feel much, much better. Ignorance really is bliss.

Anyways, last night I went out with a group of friends for some music trivia at a local bar (lame I know but still fun!) anyways, I'm not using Facebook but one of my friends Instagrammed a selfie we took together while we were out and tagged me in it. So apparently, she showed me that one of her friends (a dude I don't know) commented on the photo she posted: "She's super cute" then they had some conversation over the photo and he wrote, "seriously though who is she?" To which my friend tagged my name.

Good for you! Nice to see someone else from NJ on the site. What part are u from? Im from Essex county.

• Author
music_and_poetry
Good for you! Nice to see someone else from NJ on the site. What part are u from? Im from Essex county.

Hey there :cool: I'm from Union county but I lived in Morris county most of my life :p

Ummm no the comments are nice too but I'm not attracted to the person who posted it. Like I said in my subject line, it's an ego boost. And if he sees I'm still an attractive person to other people that's an added bonus. I don't think my priorities are out of wack. I posted this because it was a good feeling. Not to get yelled at. Calm down.

You are obviously not picking up what I am putting down. But that's ok. I'm not pooping on your parade, nor am I raising voice. There was not one exclamation point nor upper case word in my post.

The mere fact that you care even an iota about what your ex still thinks of you is the real issue here. You shouldn't need validation from a stranger to make you feel more attractive or desirable or wanted. That should come from within.

It's pretty obvious that it is important to you that your ex sees you desired by others or that other dudes think you're the biggity bomb and put it in writing so your ex can see it. That's just wrong. What should be important is that you have moved on and not give a flying fook what he thinks or feels.

The relationship is over. He dumped you. His loss. Forget him. Move on.

Your ego boost is still displaced.

• Like 1
  • Author
music_and_poetry
You are obviously not picking up what I am putting down. But that's ok. I'm not pooping on your parade, nor am I raising voice. There was not one exclamation point nor upper case word in my post.

The mere fact that you care even an iota about what your ex still thinks of you is the real issue here. You shouldn't need validation from a stranger to make you feel more attractive or desirable or wanted. That should come from within.

It's pretty obvious that it is important to you that your ex sees you desired by others or that other dudes think you're the biggity bomb and put it in writing so your ex can see it. That's just wrong. What should be important is that you have moved on and not give a flying fook what he thinks or feels.

The relationship is over. He dumped you. His loss. Forget him. Move on.

Your ego boost is still displaced.

Wow talk about being a hater ^ do you you just come on LS to try to analyze people and tell them their issues? If that's the case, maybe you need to get off your own ass and get a pretty little degree to hang on your wall that justifies what you're saying.

Honestly I picked up what you said but you're the one that needs a clue. Read what I'm writing, soak it in and shut the **** up: I AM FINE. Absolutely 100 percent fine without validation from anyone. You however are pissing me off. Please go hate on people somewhere else. I wrote this because it made me happy, I did not write this to get brought down by you. Go, get lost, and if you are foolish enough to respond to this, be warned I will not be so kind in my response.

Also, I see you're a teacher. I am one as well and if the attitude you take is pointing out your student's errors and flaws, then you're the one who needs a lesson in humility and empathy. I actually really hope you aren't actively teaching. I would feel very sorry for the students.

Edited by music_and_poetry
Wow talk about being a hater ^ do you you just come on LS to try to analyze people and tell them their issues? If that's the case, maybe you need to get off your own ass and get a pretty little degree to hang on your wall that justifies what you're saying.

Honestly I picked up what you said but you're the one that needs a clue. Read what I'm writing, soak it in and shut the **** up: I AM FINE. Absolutely 100 percent fine without validation from anyone. You however are pissing me off. Please go hate on people somewhere else. I wrote this because it made me happy, I did not write this to get brought down by you. Go, get lost, and if you are foolish enough to respond to this, be warned I will not be so kind in my response.

Also, I see you're a teacher. I am one as well and if the attitude you take is pointing out your student's errors and flaws, then you're the one who needs a lesson in humility and empathy. I actually really hope you aren't actively teaching. I would feel very sorry for the students.

OP I do think you need to calm down. I have to agree with Mr. Pine, who was just trying to be helpful in his posts. Maybe what he said hit a sore spot with you because you know that he's right on some level. And why be so nasty to Mr Pine just because you disagree with his opinion? That says more about you and how you're feeling about your breakup still, then it does about Mr Pine. I am sorry if you're still in pain and it's great that you finally went out with your friends to have a good time and got a nice compliment from a total stranger on your photo. But no need to be so nasty.

• Author
music_and_poetry
OP I do think you need to calm down. I have to agree with Mr. Pine, who was just trying to be helpful in his posts. Maybe what he said hit a sore spot with you because you know that he's right on some level. And why be so nasty to Mr Pine just because you disagree with his opinion? That says more about you and how you're feeling about your breakup still, then it does about Mr Pine. I am sorry if you're still in pain and it's great that you finally went out with your friends to have a good time and got a nice compliment from a total stranger on your photo. But no need to be so nasty.

The tone with which @Mr. Pine spoke to me was condescending, judgmental, and rude and in no way helpful. I don't be appreciated being told what's going on in my situation and my brain by someone I don't even know. It was not spoken as an opinion. He was trying to dictate my feelings and where I am mentally and emotionally. Not his place to do that. I don't believe I owe him any apology for defending myself. Don't sit there and try to put me down and feel inferior if you can't handle what I've got to say.

• Like 1

No one is putting you down or dictating to you how you should feel. I hope you can find healing from your breakup.

• Like 1