I've been doing an hour of cardio five days a week now for a few weeks and I can't begin to tell you all how much it helps with feeling down. No contact + cardio = happiness. It's also always pretty hard to actually force myself to the gym, but once I get there, I'm so much happier!

• Like 3
life-is-short

Agreed. I strength train three to four times per week and I also go to yoga. It's an amazing combo for working out my body (plus eating healthy food).

Always Pondering

Glad to hear that you're feeling much happier along your healing process!

I'm sure you've heard it before but exercising does release endorphins. Along with the psychological benefit, you just look better! Your self-esteem and confidence skyrockets and you just feel so much healthier.

As life-is-short mentioned, yoga is a great stress reliever. It feels amazing and really calms you down if you've had a frantic day worrying about upcoming events and issues.

• Like 2

Exercise helps 99% of situations! Training after a sh*t day is amazing!

I started exercising from a breakup and over a year and a half later (I don't remember when it was,) I'm totally hooked on exercise! :p

• Author

It really does help everything. I kind of want to go work out again after midnight, but I'm wondering if that seems excessive, beings I've already worked out once today..and I'm kind of starting to feel a little down. I don't want it to become a drug but it really does help so much!