Have you ever had a big fight after the break off and got back together later?

I am feeling really confused about my situation and I am wondering if any of you have had a big fight after a breakup and then months later or even years later gotten back together with that person?

I dated someone over the summer that I was crazy about and it ended in the fall due to a lot of assumptions and misscommunications. After we broke up and after a few months, we seemed to get along pretty good as friends and he asked me out on a date and the date went well, the next day we were suppose to hang out again but he blew me off and gave me a lame excuse, that was a total lie. He wanted to make it up to me but I had just had it. 2nd time I felt blown off after the breakup and I was tired of all the effort I made to make things right. I told him I'm walking away and said I need a lot of time, didn't want to be friends right now and he didn't try to stop me at all. He didn't even really apologize or agree with me that there was too much damage done and that we both need a break from one another.

I guess I am wondering has anyone been through anything similar and had it end positive later on? I know I shouldn't miss him but I do. I really liked his family, his life, and I am sad things it didn't work out. I really wanted it too but I was tired of feeling like everything I did was under the microscope. I was happy but I felt he wasn't ready to be serious at all. So maybe this is all for the best.

Anyone been through something similar?