Short Term break ups

Is there more of a chance to get back together with a bu of a short.term relationship.

One of three months or less?

If you broke up because he was in a very bad place with work.and life? He was all over the place and couldn't manage he was quite down.

Any point trying to stay in.contact?

I would like to know the answer to this myself. My current ex broke up with me because of the pressures in his life. We only dated four months, and went from talking everyday to nothing after the break up. He texted me once two weeks after, and then I caved and called him. He hasn't retured my call and it's almost been two months.

I personally don't think short term relations have as high a chance of getting back together as long term relationships. It also depends on how strong of a bond you two had and how ugly the break up was. Were you guys close? Did you fight a lot? Did you communicate-as in letting each other know when you were unhappy and why?

So many factors, I think it's just easier to move on. But they say the best things don't come easy. Who knows, I'm just one confused person.

• Author

It was just getting off the ground. So not majorly close but no fights either. Nothing bad really happened.at.all.

He just vanished a.few days after a lovely date and said not in the right frame of mind for.dating,.sorry he upset me etc.

Simon Phoenix

There are two ways to look at this IMO. On one hand, not a lot of negative baggage built up, therefore the ratio of good moments to bad ones is pretty slanted toward the good ones. On the other hand, there wasn't a strong foundation and bond that was built up, so there's less of an emotional imprint. Also, the fact that they dumped you during what should have been the "honeymoon" part of the relationship shows that they weren't interested in riding things out long term and jumped at the first possible moment.

I came here over a year ago after a short relationship that died (2 monthish) and it never reconciled. We talked again after an extended NC and seemed to be building something, but things hit a snag and just dissipated from there. I'm not sure there's any better possibility of a short relationship re-emerging (though I went to a wedding of a couple that reconciled after a short relationship) than a long one, but I'm not sure it's worse either. I'd guess it's about the same.

• Author
There are two ways to look at this IMO. On one hand, not a lot of negative baggage built up, therefore the ratio of good moments to bad ones is pretty slanted toward the good ones. On the other hand, there wasn't a strong foundation and bond that was built up, so there's less of an emotional imprint. Also, the fact that they dumped you during what should have been the "honeymoon" part of the relationship shows that they weren't interested in riding things out long term and jumped at the first possible moment.

I came here over a year ago after a short relationship that died (2 monthish) and it never reconciled. We talked again after an extended NC and seemed to be building something, but things hit a snag and just dissipated from there. I'm not sure there's any better possibility of a short relationship re-emerging (though I went to a wedding of a couple that reconciled after a short relationship) than a long one, but I'm not sure it's worse either. I'd guess it's about the same.

Who broke the NC and how long did it go on for?

This guy.was between jobs when we met and had a rough year with work and a long term relationship breaking up. He seemed scared to just go for it with me. He was hesitant although he enjoyed our time together very much.

todreaminblue
Is there more of a chance to get back together with a bu of a short.term relationship.

One of three months or less?

If you broke up because he was in a very bad place with work.and life? He was all over the place and couldn't manage he was quite down.

Any point trying to stay in.contact?

yes there is a chance...logn trm relationship break ups are different....you dont go back once a relationship has broken up after years of being together.....its a one break thing in my opinion...too hurtful...short term break ups happen they are road blocks.....clear the road start again if it has been relatively short............6 months iffy to me six months is a pretty big break......oen month two three maybe..........three years fifteen years...there is no starting again...its just a write off road..............deb

• Author
yes there is a chance...logn trm relationship break ups are different....you dont go back once a relationship has broken up after years of being together.....its a one break thing in my opinion...too hurtful...short term break ups happen they are road blocks.....clear the road start again if it has been relatively short............6 months iffy to me six months is a pretty big break......oen month two three maybe..........three years fifteen years...there is no starting again...its just a write off road..............deb

We only had 2 months of dating. He had job problems and his life was in a mess.

NC for about 6 weeks now. Nothing bad happened. Should I.try reaching out?

Keep NC. I'm pretty sure he will contact you again Months/Years down the line. I know thats not what you wanted to hear. lol. There is a good possibility that an ex will come back after a short relationship. He/She will take their dear sweet time contacting you though. So, move on and date other people and dont think about them. At that point, they will pop into your life out of nowhere.

• Like 1
We only had 2 months of dating. He had job problems and his life was in a mess.

NC for about 6 weeks now. Nothing bad happened. Should I.try reaching out?

When a man tells you he isn't up to dating you, let him go. If he wants to come back, he will. Stop trying to force it.

He doesn't want to be pressured into dating and you contacting him will come across as you testing the waters again. You'll only be feeding into his ambivalence.

• Like 1