He texted me last night? what does this mean?

Ok, me and my guy broke up a few months ago but still talked off and on. It was a mutual break up because I couldnt put up with alot of his issues, I recently found out he is with someone new right after we broke up, its been about 2 and a half months since he's been with her.

He sent me a text message last night that said "I miss you like hell. I still love you. I cant get you off my mind all day long"

Now im lost. I love him but i want him to take care of his issues and i feel like if i answer him he will think im still in the wings. Is it best to ignore his/ why is he sending me this if he's with a new girl?

HokeyReligions

He may be looking for his comfort zone and thinks it is with you. He may care about you, but if he still has issues you will have the same problems if you get back together. He may have had a fight with his new gf (she's the rebound from you) and is searching for someone to comfort him. Block him from messaging you and move on with your life. He'll get the message.

Olivia_19742004

Why don't you meet him for lunch and talk about things. Explain that you still care for him but he has to make changes in order for a relationship to work and that you are not going to just wait around forever for him to get things straight. And certainly he'd have to end the current relationship he's in. He may really love you like he said he does. What would it hurt to meet and find out if he's willing to change things in order to be with you? If he's not then you have your answer. That way you'll know that he doesn't really love you and you can easily shut the door.

Don't wonder "what if". Meet him. Talk to him and see what he has to say.

Thats a tough situation you are in, I agree with Olivia to go and see what he has to say BUT I would take HokeyReligions point too, he may had a fight with his GF and he may just be on a rebound, so you should have your guard up..

Hey, its a difficult choice to make. If you still love him I'd say take the chance, but don't rush into it. Make sure he proves his love for you first, let him make the changes to himself and then take him back. If he can't or wont change show him the door and find someone who deserves you.