I'm back but not cured - saw ex last night!

Took 2 weeks off LS to focus on myself and not my ex. Forgetting her hasn't been easy and I'm not over her yet. In the past couple weeks I climbed mountains with a very hot girl, ran 2 10K races, worked out everyday, hung out with friends, stayed super busy at work and NOTHING has worked yet, she's on my mind for most if the day and night!

It has only been 6 weeks since BU. Her last text to me was 2 weeks ago, I ignored it. Our first class of the fall season started last night. When she arrived she saw me and came by as I was talking to some mutual friends. She came by and said hello. She was a bit awkward and not sure how to act. I said hello back. She asked me about how my knee was doing, etc..I answered with 'well, thanks'. She asked me a couple other questions... I didn't ask her anything but was polite answering her questions. Another friend came by and I started talking to him too and she walked off. She stared at me during the whole class, at times she looked very sad. BTW, I can't change the class so I'm stuck with this schedule for 6 months- 1 year.

On the outide I acted very normal and very neutral, emotionless! On the inside, I was nervous and missing her like crazy and wanted to ask her to meet me after class and talk about us....but I didn't! I remember what others had said here about 'not giving up control and holding on to your balls'. Well I did exactly that but it was difficult and didn't make me feel great. Except that I didn't feel rejected and actually felt more in control, so there's that.

My questions is: After the breadcrumbs, texts, I have a feeling she really wants to patch things up but she hasn't clearly said it yet. She has texted me 3 or 4 times during this time but didn't ask to talk or discuss our situation. I know I have to wait for that but I hate even considering it or expecting it. As I've said before, HOPE is hopeless. It makes me feel weak and I don't like it. I really want to move on but I feel it will be difficult seeing her 3 times/week. Has anyone dealt with this situation before? How did you handle it. Should I just keep doing the same thing, being cold and all or would it be better to discuss this with her next time and clear the air once and for all.

I feel like I need to know so I can move on.....I know it's probably not a wise thing to do and I will probably end up being hurt again but I feel unnatural being a jerk to her all of a sudden. I basically treat her like a stranger now. She has always been a kind and very honest person. She's a great girl. I also know there's no one else in the picture. Lots of questions....

Help please!

Edited by lovesucks76

Damn, I could not imagine taking a class with my ex. I totally understand not being able to drop it though. That is a tricky situation, personally I would sit in the front seats, try and stay focused, and leave right when class is over. Treat her like she's not even there. But thats just me, I wish you luck with that buddy!

• Like 1
sit in the front seats, try and stay focused, and leave right when class is over

at least this will help you maintain the power you are slowly regaining. Not for her, but for yourself.

KC

You're not being a jerk to her. You're treating her exactly as she asked you to. That she isn't a girlfriend, a lover or even a friend. She's nothing more than an acquaintance to you now.

• Author
at least this will help you maintain the power you are slowly regaining. Not for her, but for yourself.

KC

Thanks. I agree. It feels good to hold on to this 'power' for once. I feel that if I reach out to her in any way it will show that I'm not over her and I'm basically handing over this power and allowing her to possibly hurt me again.
  • Like 1
  • Author
You're not being a jerk to her. You're treating her exactly as she asked you to. That she isn't a girlfriend, a lover or even a friend. She's nothing more than an acquaintance to you now.

You're right. We broke up and now we're basically strangers now. I'm sure it will get better with time.

She has always been a great girl but I need to remember that we're not together anymore and that if she wants to get back together she will make the effort to make it happen. I will keep doing my thing in the meantime and working on ME. Sick of thinking about her and our relationship, wish I could move on faster.

• Like 1