Is there a reason as to why an ex's leaves behind belongings?

My ex left behind a fair amount of stuff that I would assume he would actually want back.. Heck, If I were him I would want it back.. He left his limited edition Xbox controller and like 5 games and a lot of clothing. He hasn't spoken to me in a little over 2 months now and is currently rebounding a girl he just met. Since it has been 60 days + am I allowed to get rid of this stuff now or what do I do with it? I just want to know why he hasn't even bothered to contact me long enough to get this stuff when I know how much he loved his controller and games...

I asked friends and some said he "wrote it off" and doesn't care and then others say some people use it as a doorway or excuse to later have a reason to contact. I kind of doubt the second one since he hasn't bothered to talk to me once since May anyways.

I guess overall, I just am not quite sure what to do with it? I have it all in a box in the garage but I am moving into a new house soon and it just sits there taunting me..

Sell it or trash it. You're not a storage unit! My ex left so much good stuff behind 80 days ago.... We text randomly but he never once asked for it all back. A wimp in my eyes.

• Author
Ever heard of UPS collect? Or USPS C.O.D.?

No need to be rude and sarcastic.

I would do that but he moved in with his mother and I have NO idea where that is... Next time ask nicely instead of being so harsh.

• Author
Sell it or trash it. You're not a storage unit! My ex left so much good stuff behind 80 days ago.... We text randomly but he never once asked for it all back. A wimp in my eyes.

Yeah I think mine is just a jerk... He is too busy treating his new girlfriend like a princess just like he did for me! He probably is telling her all the things he told me. I know he is rebounding her but it is still annoying!

That is weird it's usually a dumper that refuses to give back your stuff. Eg my ex kept some alcohol of mine, even though he never drank girly drinks anyway.