I'm still having a hard time coping...

It's been 4 months and I am still having a hard time coping with the break-up. I thought I was fine for a while.. I sought therapy and went on anti-depressants and I knew that I could move on.. That there is life after a break-up!

Lately, I can't help but feel a sense of abandonment and rejection. I just feel I will never get over this. I've started to really hate myself and my life. After the break-up, I moved away to another state. My job ended and now I am back living with my parents, which is not a good situation and never has been. I am too old to be here but am moving back (to where I originally was living) or to the east coast, near some friends. On top of this, my mother is emotionally abusive to me. She always has been. I feel everyone in my life has rejected or abandoned me in some way. I just wonder why these people who have hurt me beyond words, have told me that i am the nicest, sweetest person they have ever met and then.. My ex-boyfriend told me he loved me and wanted to spend a long time with me and then days later comes over to tell me we have to split up, accept it, move on, and have a nice life. He wouldn't even let me touch him or hug him. HOW and WHY do people get to a point where they are so cruel? I can't understand others' behaviors anymore... What happened to being human? Why couldn't he had given me a hug? Why only a month out of work do i have to be told i'm lazy? I've tried so hard to get over this.. I've immersed myself in finding a new job, volunteering, taking a class, running, etc... I hate my life. I hate that people have to be so cruel and hateful towards others. I hate it. Why???

JustSoRight

You need to keep going to counseling. You are going throught the natural process of grieving. Right now you are in the anger and confusion stage.

He might have thought letting you hug him would give you false hope that there might be a reconciliation in the future.

Get away from your parents but move back to a place where you will have friends and support. Keep looking for work. When you get a new job you will be taking a positive step towards a new life without him.

Four months is not a long time. You are still going to be hurt, confused and angry for awhile. Keep your chin up sweetie. You'll get through this and find the right person for you.