Crash and burn

Well the girl I've been gushing over finally ended it. 3 dates over a week and a half, great chemistry in the beginning but she was always holding back. I don't think there's another guy. She took down her dating profile and said she's not ready to be dating.

She wouldn't open up and I think something just isn't right with her life. She would hint about some things that would go wrong in past relationships but we never got into details. She would talk about how she would stay with the wrong guy for years too long and that she always gave more than she got back in a relationship.

So sad because I felt there was something really special about her. All she would say is I did everything right but something just felt wrong and that she rushed into dating. If anything, I bet it felt weird because I'm a guy that would have treated her right. Some girls are compelled to sabotage a good thing.

• Like 1

I agree with you some girls are like that. There's nothing you can do to get her to see past her pain. In the end, everything worked out in your favor. She's set you free. She would have just made you feel miserable.

She might just be at a point in her life where she isn't feeling good about being in a relationship or dating. From what you've said though, it definitely sounds like it has nothing to do with you. Timing is everything sometimes, I guess?

• Like 1
  • Author

Yeah she made a real point to say that I didn't do it wrong, it just didn't feel right for her. But obviously something felt right since the chemistry was there from the first night and she was always affectionate, holding hands, kissing and hugging. A week ago she wrote me saying she needs to take it slow but that she was very interested in me. It's so frustrating to have it fall apart like this.

It's been years since I've felt that kind of instant connection.