She Called Me...

Long story short. We broke up in February because I lived 2000 miles away. Unexpectedly I moved back at the end of March and now live about five minutes from her. She hasn't been very responsive to anytime I chat with her (except once a few weeks ago), so I unfriended her on facebook and IM last week and have been trying to forget her.

So... a couple nights ago she called me at 2am because she was walking home alone at night and I think she got scared. We talked for about 15 minutes. This was the first time I heard her voice in over two months.

She said she doesn't know what to do. When I asked about what, she said I keep sending pleading messages. (I think I did twice in three weeks, just simple one-line things). She said she is stressed out about finals, too, and doesn't want to worry about it now.

The whole thing surprised me. I thought she had forgotten about me...

ViciousCycle

What was the break up like? What about the messages? I'd say if she's not showing enough initiative, don't force it. Sounds like she is wishy washy. But it does depend on the situation.

• Author

The breakup was tough for both of us, but was the right thing to do when I had no intention of moving back. We had just drifted apart through 7 months of long distance.

Wishy washy is a good way to put it I'd say. I am wishy washy a bit too. Part of me wants to just move on, but I still think about her and want another chance when we live so close again.

As for the messages. A few weeks ago I just sent her a link to a song, and then she chatted with me really friendly that night. Brought up a lot of inside things we would joke about. It was strange. Then last week I basically sent her a text saying "Why do I still think about you?"

Part of me wouldn't be that surprised if she came around once her semester ends in a couple weeks. I can keep myself busy I think and don't need to contact her, though the fact I made this thread might speak otherwise...

ViciousCycle

I hate that sense of lingering hope. I have something similar. I really don't see why you wouldn't put forth some effort, seeing as how you live so close to each other now. It doesn't sound like it ended with any bitter feelings.

Just try to be okay if she doesn't reciprocate. I think it would just be a sign that it is good for you to move on. She should be ecstatic that you're so close now.

• Author

Well she thinks she wants other things right now. I'll see how I feel in 10 days and try to give her space until she finishes up with her semester. I know how stressful that can be and I don't want to be a burden.

It was really strange to hear from her though. It was the last thing I expected, and since I deleted her number it took a few seconds for my 2am self to realize who was calling me. I haven't seen her in person since January 1! Man...