Awesome Relationship - Break into Breakup...

I'll try to spare you the details, so just trust me when I say that things were perfect or nearly as perfect as I could imagine.

After dating for eight months (I'm 20 and she's 19), my girlfriend told me she wanted a break because she said I "was too much." She said she felt like I loved her too much and it was creating an imbalance in the relationship. She said she loved me, but needed time to herself to figure things out. She was offended when I told her she couldn't hookup with anybody and she said there's nobody else and that she wanted to get back together after the break.

I was okay at first and figured she just needed a break, but when I asked how long she said "I have no clue! It could take a few weeks, a few months, it could even take a few years." So that's when I blew up. It got really nasty between us and I lost my cool and tried to make her love me again for about a week, until I realized that I was just pushing her away.

During the fighting, it got so bad that I told her I just wanted things to be over, in the heat of the moment. I apologized the next day and we went on a break. A week after that I asked to talk to her again, which was a huge mistake, and she was just pissed off at me and said she didn't know if this was a break anymore.

About 2.5 weeks later I texted her to apologize and she didn't respond. Now it's been a little over 3 weeks. I know to just leave her alone, but I'm just so confused.

Here's the confusing part. She was all about me. She did things that would make any other guy run for the hills but I knew we had something so special, so I loved every minute of it. She spent over $1,000 on a watch for my Christmas present, made M&M's with our faces on them that said "I love you!" underneath them, told me I was her best friend and that she loved me nearly every day, suprise visited me on Valentine's day weekend, texted me about 3 weeks before the breakup to say that she really felt like I was the guy she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, and a week before the breakup she made a collage on instagram of my baby pictures and pictures of us together captioned "missing my best friend! I love you so much! One more week!"

Then I get home and she says that I'M too much?! It makes no sense. Now I know that if I had let things be and given her time to herself she would've probably contacted me by now, but the fighting got so bad that she won't even talk to me.

My plan right now is to let things be for the next month or so because we will both come home from school. We go to school 2 hours apart, so it was hardly a long distant relationship. Any suggestions on what to think about all of this?

PrayingDaily

She's gone cold so soon? Something seems so wrong about this. Either way, give her space. You deserve better and it's very possible she's formed a relationship (maybe only emotional) with someone else. Let her come back when she wants to talk but don't sit around waiting! Go out and date around. Breaks are a nice way of saying breakup before being brave enough to say it.

todreaminblue
I'll try to spare you the details, so just trust me when I say that things were perfect or nearly as perfect as I could imagine.

After dating for eight months (I'm 20 and she's 19), my girlfriend told me she wanted a break because she said I "was too much." She said she felt like I loved her too much and it was creating an imbalance in the relationship. She said she loved me, but needed time to herself to figure things out. She was offended when I told her she couldn't hookup with anybody and she said there's nobody else and that she wanted to get back together after the break.

I was okay at first and figured she just needed a break, but when I asked how long she said "I have no clue! It could take a few weeks, a few months, it could even take a few years." So that's when I blew up. It got really nasty between us and I lost my cool and tried to make her love me again for about a week, until I realized that I was just pushing her away.

During the fighting, it got so bad that I told her I just wanted things to be over, in the heat of the moment. I apologized the next day and we went on a break. A week after that I asked to talk to her again, which was a huge mistake, and she was just pissed off at me and said she didn't know if this was a break anymore.

About 2.5 weeks later I texted her to apologize and she didn't respond. Now it's been a little over 3 weeks. I know to just leave her alone, but I'm just so confused.

Here's the confusing part. She was all about me. She did things that would make any other guy run for the hills but I knew we had something so special, so I loved every minute of it. She spent over $1,000 on a watch for my Christmas present, made M&M's with our faces on them that said "I love you!" underneath them, told me I was her best friend and that she loved me nearly every day, suprise visited me on Valentine's day weekend, texted me about 3 weeks before the breakup to say that she really felt like I was the guy she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, and a week before the breakup she made a collage on instagram of my baby pictures and pictures of us together captioned "missing my best friend! I love you so much! One more week!"

Then I get home and she says that I'M too much?! It makes no sense. Now I know that if I had let things be and given her time to herself she would've probably contacted me by now, but the fighting got so bad that she won't even talk to me.

My plan right now is to let things be for the next month or so because we will both come home from school. We go to school 2 hours apart, so it was hardly a long distant relationship. Any suggestions on what to think about all of this?

i dont know how people separate to get back together....doesnt make sense to me.....at all...not one bit....if you want to stay together you stay together you get therapy you do what you have to do...this we need a break...not sure how long.....a relationship is not an afternoon tea you can put off...load of hogs breath and bull swaddle.....deb