family made her dump me... heartbroken

A very long story, for which I will provide a snapshot

My girlfriend and I started dating at the age of 16, madly in love. Dated for 3 years yet started to have trouble with her parents. Her family is not accepting our relationship (very religious and anti same sex relationships). Her mum found out through an anonymous text her daughter was gay (unsure if this was true or the mum just went through her phone) and the mum told her she would be an outcast is she does not date/marry a man. My ex broke up with me when we were 19 due to her mum saying this. she has tried to date men and does not want to get physical with them as it makes her sick and she always just wants me and no one else (she has said this many times). She has not done more than kissing with the boyfriends and the relationships only lasted weeks.

I finally got in a relationship with a man and was becoming happy and attracted to him. She came back into my life after a year of limited/ no contact and wanted me back. I still loved her so i agreed leaving my then boyfriend (who knows the full story of my ex and I).

My girlfriend and I were recently together again, saw eachother everyday and became intimate agian (have had an on/off relationship for 6 years now, talked of moving in together. until her parents found out again were were still seeing one another. They told her to choose them or me, she has younger siblings, and the parents threatened to keep the whole family away from her. Her family made her feel disgusting and her siblings said being in a same sex relationship was worse than being with an animal...

We both are at uni and do not have enough financial support to move out.

She says she loves me yet cannot go against her family.

We spoke for a little after the brake up yet she wanted space to get over me. We have not spoken in a month as i am trying to give space yet just want to call her. I don't know if i should move on, or if i even have any other options. I still love her very much and have loved her for 6 years.

I think about her often and feel hopeless and unsure what is my best option. Her parents do not control her phone and she has a car so she is able to contact me if she wanted or needed to.

what should i do? or is there no hope

Thank you

• Author

Thank you cherrypum for your reply

I do see where you are coming from and I do see where her parents are coming from and they do care as you say otherwise they would not be fussed what she did in her life. She does live in their house and they do support her and that is her family moral and religious view and I have never and don't plan on arguing that as we all have the right to our own opinion.

My Ex boyfriend whom I only broke up with for her really wants to date again and has always been there for me, so this may be the best option, as i am truly attached to him and his family accepts me.