What if I showed up at her door?? Long distance but not anymore...

I'll try to make a long story short. We were together almost 10 months, six of them were long distance. I moved 2000 miles away.

Then around mid-February she broke up with me. A few weeks later I found out I may be moving back, and now I have moved back to the city I left.

A few weeks ago she told me she doesn't want to get back together, but maybe in a year. She wants to be single she says. I've talked to her a couple times since then. One of them she was very friendly, too friendly really. The way she said some things was like she did when we were together.

Anyway, part of me wants to just show up at her door and see how it goes. Won't I regret not trying 20 years from now? I'm not positive I want to get back together with her and she seems to think she is sure she doesn't want to.

Still, the distance is what pushed us apart and a part of me is dying inside knowing that she is just a few minutes drive away now. It hurts knowing this. I really loved this girl a lot! Don't I need to try something?

man that is so freaking romantic!

i say go fo it. You have nothing to lose. Just do it! { ppl on this site are all depessed may say bc u arent certain u want her then u shouldnt. if you love her, give it a try.

you have nothing to lose besides pride! lol honeslty who really needs that ****?

• Like 2
Don't I need to try something?
Why you ask this from us? Why wouldn't you ask your best friends or family? :D

Are you really being honest saying you are not positive about getting back together? Maybe you would not log in LS and ask questions noone knows the answer for if you would know what exactly you do want.

Anyway, part of me wants to just show up at her door and see how it goes.

Do you really mean showing up at her door unannounced and uninvited? If so, don't do that. It's impolite. And romantic gestures are really only appreciated by people who welcome them. If they're not welcome, the gesture can seem creepy. You can't be sure if she'll welcome it or not. I'd lean toward her not welcoming it, since she said she doesn't want to be with you.

Why don't you just ask her to meet up with you? Then she has a say whether or not she wants to see you instead of you forcing it on her.

The unannounced show up is never a good idea in my opinion... She knows your back already correct? If not then i would say go for it!!!! :)

Unannounced visits to an ex girlfriend don't go well usually. What if she has a new boyfriend and you show up and he's there? Can you handle that? Also it tends to freak the girl out like you're stalking them.

Personally, you moved away and she dumped you. It was over at that point. I would just move on unless you like restraining orders.

SuperGeek

lol Go FoR it then post about what happens!!

Its romantic show up at her door with adozen roses and box of sees candy chocolates aand a teddy! its super cheesy but chicks eat tha **** up!! it wnt be creepy if u do it that way........

• Like 1
lol Go FoR it then post about what happens!!

Its romantic show up at her door with adozen roses and box of sees candy chocolates aand a teddy! its super cheesy but chicks eat tha **** up!! it wnt be creepy if u do it that way........

Is this a joke post? You can't be serious.

I mean, See's Candy? What is he, my grandmother?

• Like 1
  • Author

I will say the responses were more positive than I expected! Thanks everyone that encouraged me.

Today I had some doubts. I chatted with her online (about two words) and it didn't go anywhere. She hasn't initiated contact with me in two or three weeks (apart from 10 days ago when she was too friendly) and never seems too excited to talk to me.

I really hate being ignored by someone I used to care a lot about, and it makes me want to just meet someone else. Tonight I think I should just move on.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow lol.