Imaginary conversations with ex… Does anyone do this!?

Especially when I'm just driving around doing errands… I was find myself thinking about conversations that we may have if I see him. Total fantasies – Like for instance sometimes I get this Pollyanna attitude and I say "oh its so good to see you I hope everything is going well" and then one more second later I'll be like "oh you big jerk you did all these horrible things to me what a douche you are "This crap goes on and on throughout my day like meaningless mental chatter and it's so bad on nights when I have a night off. Oh crap. Is this just me? Am I'm going crazy or does anyone else had the same things that happen in their lives too? Thanks.

Yes. sometimes while I'm sitting here on my computer, I start having conversations with her in my head and I say my answers out loud. The conversations are usually me explaining myself and why I was ignoring her/blocked her everywhere. Explaining that I don't hate her, I just hate what she did.

• Like 1
JourneyLady

haha yup.

I imagine all the time telling him the reasons why I'm not coming back to him.

Even though I know he'll never ask me too, I know he's wishing it anyway.

But... no way!

• Author

I would so good to hear I'm not the only one! Yeah I have these conversations and then I have these fantasies like I'm going to go over his car and spray paint little tiny penises all over it and on the side on the doors – I write "tiny dick mobile". I know that is just crazy crazy crap.

• Like 1

Yup happened all the time. Not as much now. It usually related to how i would act/say running into her when I was 100 percent over her. Totally normal.

• Author

Cavalier 99, I like your attitude I should also think of things perhaps to say to him when I'm hundred percent over him- that's good law of attraction stuff. I am waiting for the day- cannot wait for the day-when I look at him with a yawn and wonder what was I smoking?? when I was into him.

• Like 1
singme2sleep

When I'm trying to fall asleep at night, I close my eyes and imagine having convos with him. Like what would happen if we ran into each other or if he showed up at my doorstep (wishful thinking).

Coping Vortex
Especially when I'm just driving around doing errands… I was find myself thinking about conversations that we may have if I see him. Total fantasies – Like for instance sometimes I get this Pollyanna attitude and I say "oh its so good to see you I hope everything is going well" and then one more second later I'll be like "oh you big jerk you did all these horrible things to me what a douche you are "This crap goes on and on throughout my day like meaningless mental chatter and it's so bad on nights when I have a night off. Oh crap. Is this just me? Am I'm going crazy or does anyone else had the same things that happen in their lives too? Thanks.

Yes all the time. And spin over and dissecting the last thing they said to us.

I do it all the time.

What I would like to say him, what is hope he'd say to me, etc. it kinda helps me rationalize and reason with myself that I don't need him and it helps me kinda give up the hope of him coming back

Own Worst Enemy

I do it too. To the extent where even my own brain got bored of writing furious speeches to him and told itself to shut the hell up! Because it's fine for a little bit of healing. But the harsh horrible truth is...

They're sure as anything not sitting around imagining conversations with us. They are off having real conversations with other people. So it is perfectly normal and even helpful for a bit, but not too much of it!