How do you deal with grief

LittleDragon456

LittleDragon456

My boyfriend is ending our relationship and I feel more than devastated. I have depression and he helped me cope with it so much, so this is like going through hell. I love him so much and want him to be happy, but our distance is tearing us apart and he can no longer handle it, so he's leaving me, 90% sure.

I do not have any family or friend support in my situation. The only person I have is myself, and I mean that literally.

How do you deal with losing someone you love so deeply? What makes you feel better during trials like this?

I live in FL, he lives in AZ. No way of seeing him until summer 2014, and he can't wait that long. I've been crying so much I've thrown up.

todreaminblue
My boyfriend is ending our relationship and I feel more than devastated. I have depression and he helped me cope with it so much, so this is like going through hell. I love him so much and want him to be happy, but our distance is tearing us apart and he can no longer handle it, so he's leaving me, 90% sure.

I do not have any family or friend support in my situation. The only person I have is myself, and I mean that literally.

How do you deal with losing someone you love so deeply? What makes you feel better during trials like this?

I live in FL, he lives in AZ. No way of seeing him until summer 2014, and he can't wait that long. I've been crying so much I've thrown up.

you allow yourself to cry, you allow yourself to feel whatever you are feeling, dont try and be up when you are down, prolongs the healing process....A very special guy once told me.....everyone loves a clown but a clown is one of the saddest creatures on earth because a clown spends so much time making other people smile he forgets how to smile for himself....that guy was saying that to me because i play the clown....and have a fondness for masks....

dont mask what you feel might make people think around you, you are handling it well, but in your heart those scars and wounds are festering....cry when you need to and find things that make you smile......simple pleasures....i find color picks me up......yellow and blue and oh green...i have a fondness for sunflowers,blue skies, deep blue waters and weeping willow trees

aromas pick me up jasmine for one, night jasmine,the smell of the ocean,lavender, and really weirdly coriander basil and fresh chopped parsley ......find things you love and magnify them, write about them , imprint them over sad memories.....be good to yourself , and be kind to others just dont let them be your focus ...focus on you for a while...i also pray god is never too busy to listen to me and what makes my heart ache....hugses...huge ones....deb

• Like 1

I too have depression and am all alone, just like you. I am on medication and its been touch and go these past few weeks, horrific actually. You just got to fight the ****er everyday with everything you got, one day at a time. Spot-on advice above- allow yourself to feel whatever you want to feel, don't fight it. If you're ruminating about your ex, torturing yourself about who he is seeing, the fun he's having etc just ride it and let it happen. I'm still doing this to myself but I have to say after a month NC the pyschological self-abuse is slightly less instense than it was a month ago, so I must be getting better. I expect in another couple of months it will be even better again, it's just a very, very slow painful recovery process.

• Like 2

Good luck LittleDragon

Just like I said in my last post.

It's taken me one month of NC just to get that anxious feeling out of my chest.

It will get easier :)

• Like 2