pathetic.....but true.

I'm miserable over an 8 month relationship...that ended 3 months ago.

the girl meant everything to me, and then she started slipping away. Then i sat down and talked to her and she said "when i think about the future, i just dont see us together" so i broke it up then and there. She texted a few times after, I called once (nothing meaningful just b/s catching up) she was going to come out for a weekend trip to atlantic city I freaked out/got pissed she ended up not coming because i said its ridiculous that she thinks thats okay to just become friends now. I wrote an e-mail apologizing and explaining, she wrote one back ....both lengthy e-mails, i left it at that and we've had no contact since, not even a merry christmas or happy new year. ......I think about her everyday, i joined okcupid to try and find at least a few dates but can't even manage to get any......i feel pathetic and worthless. I fight the urge to text/call/e-mail her everyday and i stick to my guns but I miss her soooo much, I've never even beeen able to make a relationship last a year, 8 months is my longest and whenever I break up with girls they always say it was "mutual" because i basically feel like they are done with the relationship and i"ve given everything i had. Its not mutual its something I'm forced to do given the circumstances......everyone tells me I"m attractive and social and have no problems meeting new people well........f*ck it, thats apparently not the case, I'm obviuosly desperate for a date and can't even get that.

Dude, any girl that signs up for one of those dating sites, by the end of the day they usually have 50 date requests where guys normally have 0. Those sites aren't worth your time. You would be much better off if one of your friend's girlfriends or wives fixed you up with a date. They love doing that crap and sometimes, you don't even know they're doing it. "Oh! Hey Sharkbite! Have you met my friend laura?"

Point is, I wouldn't worry about dating right now. I would be focusing on your self improvements. And, a lot of times, you'll end up meeting someone when you least expect it.