Dumpers Regret?

blue_jay_bird

To me i felt my Ex was pretty harsh to me in the end.

"I don't want to hang out with out you anymore." "I can't stand when you call." "Your not strong" " Your dependent" "You lack conviction" " You lack motivation"

And yeah at that moment i was not the best me. But i would not define myself as these qualities. To me i would be more of a statement of, "im worried about you, you don't seem happy.." But, hey, im just a supportive girlfriend.

Dumper's ;

Do you regret what you say, during BU?

What where you thinking?

lol, Why are you so ****ty at BU?

Simon Phoenix

So you go away and stay away. The more blunt you are, the less you think you'll have to worry about them wanting to stick around.

I'm going with they DONT regret anything! This helps me heal! There is a certain finality nail in coffin feeling to this.

If they do regret id rather not know about it because they don't exist anymore in our lives. Our problems now stem from our thoughts..not them.

Edited by cavalier99

I don't remember saying mean things of that nature, but I'm sure I was pretty blunt about the reasons for my break ups. I don't love you anymore was something I did say a few years ago, I felt it had to be clear.

I do remember my ex telling me that one of the reasons we were breaking up is that I didn't change my routine at the gym. Mind you I like running. I am still laughing my ass off about that one and wonder why in the world I even dated that guy :laugh: each time I see him I feel like using mouthwash.

Edited by Samilia
If they do regret id rather not know about it because they don't exist anymore in our lives. Our problems now stem from our thoughts..not them.

It's been 2 months BU for me.

Getting "I love you, I miss you" text from my ex the first month and a half...then ending our communication with "hear me loud and clear. It's obvious we can't salvage a friendship. You need to leave me alone. Good luck to you". I always practiced NC till the end, she reached out everytime. That last message from her was me reaching out to her, and that's what I got in return. That was 3 weeks ago. I have NO idea what's in her head, some serious mixed messages.

So to answer your question, I suppose it's a case by case basis. My case, I suppose it comes down to a flip of a coin.

I do remember my ex telling me that one of the reasons we were breaking up is that I didn't change my routine at the gym.

VERY odd. I laughed.

-Do you regret what you say, during BU?

Nope, usually dont remember

-What where you thinking?

The relationship is over, we checked out, time for you to check out

-lol, Why are you so ****ty at BU?

Because you can't get it in your head that the relationship is over and you need to move on and stop begging, pleading, trying to convince us to come back or asking for closure, etc We dont need your permission to break up with you

• Like 1

No, I have never said anything mean at a break-up. I don't see the point of adding insult to injury. I don't provide a laundry list of flaws, criticisms, etc. What's the point? I'm just pleasant (and I think compassionate), but firm and immovable about the fact that it's permanently over.