A break or a break up...What do you think?

hurtingandconfused

hurtingandconfused

OK I'm sure that we all know what a "break up" is.

What is your definition of a "break."

To me, both of these terms mean the same thing. One who initiates the "break" is the "dumper." If both initiate the "break" it didn't work out between them.

Am I wrong?

To me, a "break" or "lets take a break" means the one initiating it doesn't have the balls to actually break it off, rather wants to test the water, yet have the door left open incase it doesn't work out......they have someone waiting in the wings to come back to.

I can agree with nikki. But the question I then ask is asking for “space” the same as a “break”. In the earlier stages of my last relationship I needed some “space” to clear my head. I did this to my GF more then once. During these times I did not cheat and each time I came back loving her more. But when she asked for a “break” after five years I knew things were different. She broke up with me three weeks later. So maybe it depends on the mindset of the person asking. Who knows?

Fedup&givingup
Originally posted by nikkilove

To me, a "break" or "lets take a break" means the one initiating it doesn't have the balls to actually break it off, rather wants to test the water, yet have the door left open incase it doesn't work out......they have someone waiting in the wings to come back to.

Ditto

What if it's I need a break because I'm freaked out? You're perfect and the best girlfriend I've ever had, but my thoughts are all over the place. Because I think about us living together and marriage (never once mentioned by the other person) and that freaks me out, I need to sort out my thoughts. All that with lots of crying. Plus, he kind of said all along that I freak him out because I make him realize he needs to get his **** together?

Any clue, cause I'm going thru this right now and not sure what the hell to think?

Funnygirl,

Translation of your guy's speech from another guy: I like banging you, but I'm not interested in marrying you, and there's some other chicks I'd like to date, but if they won't sleep with me I want to come back to you so I can get laid again.