What might he think?

Last week I saw two of my ex's friends in town. They came up to me and talked to me and were very friendly. We talked about things in general and I wondered if they would mention anything about my ex and I splitting up (I know they know what has gone on). They didn't mention anything and neither did I. I was careful not to say anything bad about him even though they must know how he has hurt me. I have no doubt they will have gone back and told my ex they talked to me. I just wondered from an outsiders point of view what this will have meant to my ex. Did I do right not to say anything bad about him and how will he see this? I still miss him and would have him back tomorrow and I can't help feeling I hope in time he misses me.

Sundaymorning

i dont remember who you are, and the history with you and your ex.

i dont know, maybe call and ask him if they said anything?

I'd advise against any kind of calling or contact with your ex at this point. It was mature of you not to badmouth your ex, but you need to (and this is difficult) get past your worries. I don't know why you two broke up, but at this point in time I would consider it permanent, as hard as that may seem to hear. A lot of people here have been through bad breakups, read some of their stories.

What did he think of your conversation with his pals? What will he think if he ever sees you in public? There's no real way of finding out, and I doubt that it's worth the damage to your self esteem. Stop measuring yourself by what your ex thinks of you, and see yourself as a worthwhile person who can have a good life without him being in the picture.