Is it really over?

made_a_mistake

Help! I had a row with my man (of only a month), not even sure I know why but he ended up hanging up on me. I tried to call back and he hung up on me again. In the end I left a message on his voicemail telling him I couldn't cope with his mood swings and that we should finish. BIG MISTAKE cos it isn't what I wanted at all!

He then sent me a text saying as I'd said that it was over and for me not to contact him in any form. Being a typical girl over the following week I tried texting, phoning and wrote a letter - to apologise and to tell him that I didn't want us to split. He hasn't responded at all - he's just stopped communicating. What do I do? I really don't feel like it's over and think despite the teething problems we were a good match. He also said he thought this.

I've not tried to contact him for 2 weeks, but I really do care for him and want to give it another go. The advice I've read seems really good so I would appreciate your help....

Hello, am I hearing well. This guy hung up on you on the phone for no reason? WHat was the problem ...why did he hang up? Well, I would suggest get busy and ask yourself why do you want a relationship where there is no respect. Love yourself!

There are plenty of things to do out there besides guys

Well, you asked for it and you got it. You can't get into a spat like that after only one month - that's just too soon to start misbehaving. Neither of you had invested enough time in the relationship to make it worth your while to go through any dramas. That doesn't usually start until at least a month, and generally two or more. By that time, you've probably established yourself in his eyes (as he has in yours) and you can take more risks. In dating, I always use the job analogy. Your first three months is your probationary period. F_ck with the boss and you'll get fired.

Sorry, but some people out there are watching for red flags so intently at the beginning, they run at the drop of a hat.

Cry, eat ice cream, watch a sad movie and then go to bed. The next day, wake up and start anew. Get over him.

It was only a month. (Be glad about that!)

made_a_mistake

Not what I wanted to hear but you're probably right.

Things are much more complicated....he's currently in the middle of a fight for access to his children which is affecting him badly, the row started because I spoke to a guy who used to have a thing for me and he didn't like it.... I'm making excuses I guess.

I've spent the last 2 weeks watching films cuddled up on the sofa, cleaning the house like a lunatic, spending time with friends and generally keeping myself busy. I cannot get him out of my head though.

I will stay away, who knows maybe someday he will realise what he's missing when he's dealt with all his issues? In the meantime, it looks like I need to deal with mine!

Who's idea was it to make life so tough!!

Who's idea was it to make life so tough!!

I guess what appears to be easy for us is actually hard for other people.

And what appears tough for us is easy on them.

I don't know either. But if he's the jealous kind, that's wouldn't have been much fun either.

Get out and meet many other people. It sounds like you are attracting some things now. That's good.

The Law of Attraction.

>>>Things are much more complicated....he's currently in the middle of a fight for access to his children which is affecting him badly, the row started because I spoke to a guy who used to have a thing for me and he didn't like it.... I'm making excuses I guess<<<

I think that might have as much to do with it as anything you did. He's probably embittered toward women due to his custody dispute with his ex. This is probably just not a good time for him to be in a committed relaitonship.