I hate the weekends

As level headed and realistic as i am i always think positive and try to keep my head up, but as all of us would kno on here, there r just times when u cant do anything to motivate urself and u feel paralyzed, that time for me is right now, ive accepted shes never coming back and ive started the healing process and have been doin right by myself, but times like this hour specifically r times i would never wish on anybody, i kno ive been given this burden coz i kno tje universe knows ill rise above it and come out much better and i truly believe that, but folks not this second im so broken and i cant even find an ounce of positivity in me rt now nothing but overwhelming emotions and deep reality check, i hope u guys all get out of this rut coz i swear to u guys that u guys r not alone in this when i fall apart like this i keep u guys in mind praying we wont hafta suffer like this coz we all deserve to be happy

Hindsight_is_20_20

I'm right there with you. I'm about to leave work.. go home and brace for the weekend. I used to cherish the weekends. Now I almost fear them. He cut me off from most of my friends so I'm slowly trying to make new ones. Last weekend I just stayed at home and did almost nothing but clean my house. Hang in there, you're not alone.

Weekends can be brutal... Especially when you are moping and in agony and they are out and about thinking barely thinking about it. You need to hang in there, it's incredible how toxic and destructive people can be, and how terrible something like a break up can do to a person... Sounds cliche but you need to hang in there, also sounds cliche but time DOES heal. Life is beautiful, there is so much out there. Little by little you will find yourself thinking less and less of the person.... Ahhh I wish I could be better at giving advice on this but I'm just as lost as well and trying to cope.

• Like 1

I got laid off on the 16th so the last week and a half has basically been a weekend for me.

I cannot WAIT for September when I'll be going to school and won't have time to think about this ****. (+Will have an opportunity to meet new people to fill the void in my life)

• Author

Ty all for being amazing wouldnt know what to do or how to keep sane if i didnt have LS right now

I know exactly how you feel OP. For me, it isn't even necessarily breakup related, as my ex left me almost two-years ago. It's having all this time and nothing worthy to do with it. :(

Canadian731

I'm going to be very blunt here and it may make me seem like a total ******* but I think it's what you need to hear. Pick yourself up, if you have accepted that the relationship is over then you have half the battle ahead. Go out, I don't care what you do but just go and interact with people in some way, even if it's passing them on the street or in a park on a walk. Sitting there pitying yourself isn't going to get you anywhere, that's exactly what she wants you to do, miss her so she still has you in her back pocket. Nothing positive will come from your current behaviour. He'll, be mad about it, you have a right to be mad and atleast it will be more progressive then wallowing in sadness.

• Like 1
  • Author

Canadian, i do go out thats the point of the post, i distract myself all the time, but theres just gonna be time that these will happen, i dont sit and pity myself, theres ebbs and flows and these r things u cant prevent, as a matter if fact i just walked in from the gym an i was about to have friends over when it hit me, the point of the post is ur jut bound to hit some lows and being that i never bring up the problem to my friends when it hits me id rather vent in this forum at my weakest, im sure ud hit ur loed and came on here coz if u were strong all the time u wouldnt be spending any part of ur friday on a break up forum

• Like 1

Weekends and mornings are the worse. These were the times we spent together all the time. Yep I am there too. I keep myself as busy as I can.

Man, I was just going to start a thread with this very topic. For all the good I've gotten this week, KNOWING I'm going to have another round of relatives ask me who she was with in her profile pic and why they were doing shots (used to be anti-alcohol, if you will) by the end of the weekend is a major mental crash.

It's gotten to the point where I want to access her facebook and delete everyone from my life that she just doesn't need to know anymore. I know she doesn't care now how much she's embarrassing herself, but she plans on moving back to a town that's going to at best give her cold attention, and that's with me not commenting on it at all. My venting is here, she's doing enough on her own to destroy her image.

And I still get dragged into every weekend. Weekends used to rock, I'm there with you guys; now I'm picking up as many weekend hours as possible to avoid my phone.

goodbyesunshine

Especially hard on weekends.

In the weekdays, being my holidays now, my friends sometimes ask me out and try to do something fun or just go for coffee. I make an effort to go out as much as I can. But on the weekends, all my friends - every freaking single one of my friends - are out with their boyfriends. All of them are attached and happily so. I look at Facebook and I see all these happy photos, or on twitter all these updates about OMG I LOVE WEEKENDS I LOVE MY BF etc.

I've always been quite lonely. My best friends are attached for long periods of time, 3 years, 6 years, etc. And before my ex came along I was used to it - I watched movies on weekends at home or read a book. But when someone comes along and make your weekends so perfect, it's hard to go back to being alone. It's like you've seen the world in vivid colours and now you have to go back to mundane black-and-white. Nothing is ever quite the same anymore. He showed me the epitome of a perfect weekend and then ripped it from me.

My friends ask me to join their boyfriends sometimes. But I always know they are doing it out of sympathy and would love to spend time alone with their boyfriends, and I can't bear to just jump in and spoil their fun. I walk the dog, do my daily chores, watch something on TV... But it just feels... Empty at best.

Even though my 4 year relationship is now over and the girl who I thought I would marry emotionally cheated on me I am so thankful that I never neglected my friends during my relationship. I LOVE my weekends, I relax, drink beer etc and then I work hard all week. The evenings in the week are hard so I have basically started running and doing weights every night and then go to bed a bit earlier than normal.

Also, now 2 months post BU I had sex for the first time since last night. She was hot! We were quite drunk and it was kind of just a bit messy out the back of a club (I know....not exactly romance). It was only for about 30 seconds because people could have walked past us! (omg) so we stopped.

The thing is, it feels good that I went ahead and I am making real progress again. Guys you just have to suck it up and get out there, get talking to people again! Get to bars and have some fun with girls, talk to them.

I think I'm making progress. I'm starting to concentrate more on me again. I was so intent on settling down and marrying that girl but now it has gone I need to have fun when single as my next relationship will obviously mean limitations to carefree living. Also booked a guys holiday to Malia too.

Don't wallow at weekends. Weekends are your best chance to get out of this mess. They are my sunshine through thre cloud of the week.