What do people think? :)

AlexanderJames

Okay here's my story summed up as short as I can make it.

I broke up with my ex 6 months ago, I ended it because I was scared we were moving too fast.We hadn't been together long, only 5 months, but we had moved in together. (My first time living out of home)

She didnt take it well, she got really depressed, begged for reconciliation and started drinking a lot.

She quickly moved out and we didnt talk from then. After a month we got back in touch. We started spending more and more time together and eventually people just assumed we were back on.

She found out that I still had feelings for her, I regretted hurting her and that I wanted her back and used this opportunity to play me, use me as a way of getting revenge for me leaving her and hurting her. She lead me into thinking she still had feelings too and wanted me back slept with me only to turn around and tell me there was no feelings, no us, the after break up sex only happened because it was easy and that she only wanted to get even.

That was 4 weeks ago now, she sent the odd hope you're okay txts with me which I responded to always (I was hurting) which prompted small talk from her until 1 week ago I told her I can't talk to her anymore. She said "Sorry sometimes I forget and want to say hey, catch ya x" And there has been no contact since.

First two weeks after biting the bullet were horrible, obsessive thought, attempts to change her mind, testing freinds patience with my problems, the usual stuff.

3rd week came acceptance, decided she wasnt for me and that I was to move on (Hence initiating NC). Felt strong, happy and enjoyed spending lots of time doing things I enjoy with friends. Hardly thought of her at all.

4th week, 7th day NC, finding myself slowly thinking about her more each day which is worrying (Haven't had heaps of social contact with friends this week).. No sudden sinking feelings, or feeling sick. No loss of sleep, rarely feeling alone and not feeling hopeless at all. Although she pops into my mind frequently (but only briefly) I find im stil in control.

6 month relationship (although the most intense and serious so far) and 4 weeks recovery and thats where I stand ^ How am I doing as far as being 100% back on track? Have I got long to go? I feel the worst is long behind me. But there is definately still a shadow holding on to me.

• Author
AlexanderJames
No sudden sinking feelings, or feeling sick.

Scratch that one, saw a photo today which brought back a few memories, had that sickly, tingly, falling feeling. Got passed it pretty quick though.