She text out of the blue 10 months on!

Hey guys, havent been on in a while but just needed a wee rant!

So she dumped me ten months ago and we stayed in contact for most of that time but I cut contact in Feb and deleted her number and blocked her from my FB. Anyway her best friend has started messagin me on fb lookin info then my ex text me on Wed and Thurs with a stupid excuse but kept apologisin for annoying me.

I didnt respond and nor will I cos I simply cant go through the pain of getting my hopes up again and subsequently getting crushed by her! In saying that it stirred up some old feelings and Ive been a bit depressed this last few days and have really missed her. Just want someone to tell me its still ok to get upset ten months on. I wont break and talk to her though... this much I know

Ps were together 4 years, had a house together and were engaged

Hey it happens. Just don't let it drag on and don't low her or her friend to invade your privacy. Hang in there.

• Like 1

Hey Dovic if you don't want too, you don't have too! I think people on here expect roses and sunshine when they get contact. The one time an ex contacted me he begged to meet up. Then stood me up, blamed the whole breakup on me (he wanted to be single) then verbally abused me by text. Contact isn't always good.

• Like 2
ShaneSchommer

Its funny but the saying is true when it comes to woman... they ALWAYS come back, even after ten months. I cant really tell you what to do but do what feels right. I will say though do not expect anything at all because when you expect something thats when you will get hurt.

• Like 1
BewitchedandBothered
Its funny but the saying is true when it comes to woman... they ALWAYS come back, even after ten months. I cant really tell you what to do but do what feels right. I will say though do not expect anything at all because when you expect something thats when you will get hurt.

....no we don't...some of us run the hell away and don't look back.

• Like 2
BewitchedandBothered
Hey guys, havent been on in a while but just needed a wee rant!

So she dumped me ten months ago and we stayed in contact for most of that time but I cut contact in Feb and deleted her number and blocked her from my FB. Anyway her best friend has started messagin me on fb lookin info then my ex text me on Wed and Thurs with a stupid excuse but kept apologisin for annoying me.

I didnt respond and nor will I cos I simply cant go through the pain of getting my hopes up again and subsequently getting crushed by her! In saying that it stirred up some old feelings and Ive been a bit depressed this last few days and have really missed her. Just want someone to tell me its still ok to get upset ten months on. I wont break and talk to her though... this much I know

Ps were together 4 years, had a house together and were engaged

How you feel is how you feel---and it's okay. Not liking that there is a nosey friend all up in your business==ignore any of her friends/block them if you have to. you were together a long time and need healing time and space. not sure what your ex's agenda is, but it's sure not helping you. She was the one who dumped you...why do dumpers do this??? She wants to make sure you are crying into your coffee over her and singing Red Sails in the Sunset to her 8 x 10 glossy.

• Like 3
  • Author

Thanks for the replies guys. Just needed to speak to someone but feelin a bit better now! :)

• Like 1