Honeymoon stage - how long did yours last?

The honeymoon stage of a relationship is the beginning of the relationship where you are head over heels for someone. You cant find faults and you are convinced they are the one!

Ok so firstly I want to get estimates from everyone as to how long it took before you got bored, or started noticing flaws and issues. Were you madly in love with this person?

Also if you want to, add if you went back to your ex once you realised the relationship was only a "honeymoon"

lasted entire relationship up until I mentioned it was ending and he freaked and dumped me

he will learn eventually that thing never lasts

I was basically still in the honeymoon period of my previous relationship when it ended just under one year later. I loved her (and still do) with all of my entire being, and obviously I'm holding on to a bit of hope for reconciliation in the future. Her and I are still very good friends, as our b/u was not messy, and she has since found another guy (a good friend of hers) but only a few months after our b/u, so we will see how things turn out with that, as I know she still does have feelings for me.

During our "honeymoon period", I endured the stresses of buying a house and she dealt with stresses like her friends, losing her job, losing her roommate and living situation, etc, but we still pressed on and had those "butterflies" for one another constantly. She ended up living with me for about 6 months, but in my opinion, it didn't have an effect on our feelings toward one another. I think honestly we were just about to begin our transition into the next phase, when issues arose and, as I look back on it, we were both a bit immature and unprepared to handle them together. Therefore, we ended it.

I did try to reconcile three months later, after reading TONS of helpful material on sites such as this and finding myself, but it was too late by then, as she had some new guy sweeping her away. Only time will tell what happens now.

Honeymoon phases are so strange to me. I can only recall having it in one serious relationship - the one before this one. That relationship was 10 months and I'd say the honeymoon period lasted 4 -5 of those months for me.

I was still "madly in love" with the guy after the honeymoon phase was over. I had to recover from the breakup before I could safely say I was no longer in love with my ex.

I wouldn't want to be with my ex again now, even if I could get some sort of assurance that the relationship would be honeymoon-ish again. I just don't like the honeymoon stage. I don't like being so emotionally swept up that I can't see what's right in front of me, specifically red flags. That bothers me.

BewitchedandBothered

It was roughly 4 months before he started some hurtful drama and odd behavior started to surface. I overlooked it and moved on, but then more and more behaviors started surfacing and he became sneaky, hurtful, abusive, etc.

and what about honeymoon stages in long distance? do you think it takes longer?

Yeah, because you don't have the daily interaction that usually facilitates the process of noticing personality character flaws with the person.

I had re-connected with an old friend from 15+ years past so we already knew each other.

We dated just shy of a year but I noticed things started dying out....or she started becoming bored around the 8th month....the spark quit sparking.

Thatguyintx
I don't like being so emotionally swept up that I can't see what's right in front of me, specifically red flags. That bothers me.

Amen. Since the breakup, the red flags just popped up. (Or did I just not notice them until the honeymoon fog was lifted? :) )

Amen. Since the breakup, the red flags just popped up. (Or did I just not notice them until the honeymoon fog was lifted? :) )

I hear ya! I look back on it 7 months later and now wished I would have acted on some red flags earlier in the relationship...Oh well live and learn.

For me it never ended I still felt the same way through our year and a half relationship. I felt the same butterflies. For him it lasted 10 months.