how early is too early???

Hey me and my boyfriend have been broken up for nearly 2 weeks and for a week straight i cried my eyes out, i didnt eat n lost a stone, felt like the lonliest person in the world.... Untill i saw a friend in a new light, my other friends told me he likes me and now iv realised i like him too. Im not sure if i should do anything about it as my break up (from a 4 year relationship) is so new. How quick is too quick to 'get back into the game'?? I dnt want to ignore my feelings as this could be something new and exciting?? Any ideas?

2 weeks post BU from a 4 year relationship seems WAY too soon to start dating someone else. It has rebound written all over it.

I can understand how its tempting to try and escape your current state of depression by starting a new relationship. This is not the proper way to heal and is not fair to either you or your friend.

The easy way is not always the right way.

a week straight i cried my eyes out, i didnt eat n lost a stone, felt like the lonliest person in the world.... Untill i saw a friend in a new light, my other friends told me he likes me and now iv realised i like him too. ?

That pretty much makes it obvious to me. You go from constantly crying for a week, not eating, feeling lonely etc. in fact not even just lonely..."the loneliest person in the world" to wanting a relationship with someone else in the space of a week...is it possible that pursuing something with this new guy could merely be a way to combat that loneliness? I think it's very probable that that is the case. The fact of the matter is you can't possibly be over your ex enough to start seeing someone else so soon after breaking up from what is a significantly long relationship....unless of course you signed out of the relationship emotionally a long long time ago, which judging by how you spent last week feeling I doubt that's the case. Seeing someone else when you aren't sufficiently healed and over your ex = rebound.

Philosoraptor

I'd agree with the above. You need to work on your own healing before you can bring another into this. If you jump now you will likely end up hurting more and hurting your friend.

I'd agree with the above. You need to work on your own healing before you can bring another into this. If you jump now you will likely end up hurting more and hurting your friend.

100% Agree. I met (actually an old friend) who was just 3 weeks out of a relationship breakup and we started dating....we dated for a year and I knew she still had feelings for her ex.(red flag I ignored) but believed it was over between them.

It didn't help that she told me dozens of times she'd NEVER go back but guess what....she dumped me and went back to him.

Like the other posters say...you need to take time to deal with your feelings...emotions before jumping into another relationship.

Believe me I know the pain and it would be so unfair to the new guy if your ex. reappeared in your life and you chose to try it again with the ex.

hey mike, how long did you date this girl for? im kinda in the same situation except from the ex perspective.

hey mike, how long did you date this girl for? im kinda in the same situation except from the ex perspective.

One year. I've been in numerous relationships...had my share of b/u.s but this one hurt the most.

• Author

Thanks, i think it would hurt me more to loose the friendship too, guna give it a miss. Especially as mr ex contacted me today... What a nob